HealthCareCAN, together with NCCID and several AMS Canada member organizations are excited to announce a ‘Thunderclap’—an on-line campaign that broadcasts one resounding antibiotic awareness message across multiple social media accounts all at the same time.
Sign-On to the Thunderclap!
This campaign marks the beginning of more coordinated efforts by AMS Canada to build awareness of appropriate antimicrobial use—that is, to develop consistent messaging for broad audiences (including professionals and the public), and to work together to spread those messages.
Our modest goal for this initial campaign is 100 supporters on social media by November 13th. Thunderclap will count up the supporters and the size of their social media networks. Perhaps more important than reaching the goal will be what we learn from this experience.
Thanks to the advisory group and other reviewers who helped shape and select the campaign message!
Help Promote the Thunderclap
Several of you have already generously pledged to help promote the campaign. In fact, all AMS Canada members can promote the Thunderclap through your unique roles and networks. We invite you to consider the following tips.
5-Ways you can help:
Please use any or all of these methods to help promote the Thunderclap.
- Sign on to the campaign Your own endorsement will help assure the campaign goal is achieved.
- Forward this email to your contacts, asking them to sign on too.
- Re-Tweet NCCID’s messages on the campaign, as we approach the Thunderclap deadline: November 13th (follow us on Twitter @CentreInfection)
- Promote the campaign on your website. Just click the “Embed” link found on our Thunderclap’s ‘project page’, then copy and paste the code into the HTML of your webpage. Ask your communications staff for support. Find help here.
- Promote the campaign through your e-news bulletin. Please include the URL for this Thunderclap (http://thndr.me/XhausZ). You may adapt the suggested blurb and display the image/s provided (see attachments).