You will be part of an exceptional and passionate health care team in one of Canada’s most spectacular natural environments with vast and stunning wilderness at your doorstep. YHC is an integrated system of hospitals – Whitehorse General Hospital (55 beds) Watson Lake Community Hospital (6 beds) and Dawson City Community Hospital (6 beds). You will be based in Whitehorse, the Yukon’s capital city, and gateway to the territory. Here you have the best of both worlds have access to many modern amenities and services as well as your choice of outdoor activities and adventures. As Manager, Human Resources, you have a one-of-a-kind opportunity to take a leadership role to strive for the best care every time through effective strategic human resources management.
Reporting to the Director, People Services & Culture (PS&C), the incumbent leads YHC’s human resources function and related client services, including labour relations, employee relations, compensation, workforce development and recruitment. This position strongly supports business needs and ensures the proper implementation of the organization’s strategy and objectives by leading HR initiatives, promoting corporate values, helping build partner-based relationships (internally and externally) and developing people-focused policies, processes and programs.
- Post-secondary education in business, human resources management, or organizational effectiveness;
- A minimum of five (5) years’ strategic human resources or labour relations management experience in a unionized environment preferably within a hospital or health authority as well as demonstrated success in progressive leadership roles;
- Experience leading a high-performing team;
- Experience leading organizational and cultural change;
- Demonstrated experience with HR metrics and using data to solve real-world issues; and
- CPHR or CHRL designation.
An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience may be considered.
Base Pay: $89,506.00 to $111,882.00
Hours: Regular Full-Time
Incentives: Comprehensive Benefits & Pension
Generous Vacation Time
If you are ready to experience the Yukon and all that it has to offer, apply now quoting competition 2018-163, and email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please visit our careers page at: http://yukonhospitals.ca/careers/careeropportunities.
For the complete job posting visit our website at www.yukonhospitals.ca