PERMANENT FULL TIME
The Coordinator, Support Services supervises and coordinates the day-to-day activities of Food Services and Housekeeping Services at designated sites and also oversees Laundry Services and Stores where applicable. The incumbent implements policies and procedures, manages human resources, participates in cost control measures and maintains relevant records. The position also completes special project work, as assigned. The incumbent assumes responsibility for the departments in the areas of responsibility in the absence of the Manager of Support Services.
- Bachelor’s degree in the Nutrition/Dietetics field with one (1) to three (3) years’ recent experience in a similar role in a healthcare organization or industry of moderate complexity, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- A Member in good standing with the College of Dietitians of BC and Dietitians of Canada.
- Successful completion of a two (2) year Canadian Society of Nutrition Management (CSNM) accredited college program in food service and nutrition management plus courses in management and supervision.
- Three (3) to five (5) years recent, related experience in an acute care or long-term care facility.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Eligible for membership in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management.
- Certificate of proficiency in Laundry and/or Housekeeping.
- Food Safe Level 1 and 2.
- Experience with CBORD Food and Nutrition, or other diet software, an asset.
- Valid BC Driver’s License and access to reliable vehicle.
For more information please contact: