Job Title: Manager, Prosecutions and Monitoring
Job Status: Permanent
Job Reference: 18-67
Eligibility: Open to any qualified applicant (advertised simultaneously internally and externally, although internal candidates – employees of CNO – will be considered first)
Manager, Prosecutions and Monitoring
The Prosecutions and Monitoring functions address the most serious Professional Conduct matters that result in enforceable outcomes. From a regulatory perspective, this function supports the College’s mandate of public protection by focusing on principles of specific and general deterrence and transparency. You have a sound understanding of Administrative Law and either direct or transferable skills and expertise from the public or private sectors to support these functions to promote the delivery of safe and ethical nursing care in the public interest.
You are interested in a unique role which will require you to lead two established teams and your education and experience have prepared you to work effectively with others to build strong stakeholder relationships, continuously improve processes and establish innovative solutions in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Current registration with the Law Society of Upper Canada
- 5-7 years of demonstrated leadership skills and knowledge achieved through a combination of relevant legal and management experience complemented by related educational qualifications
- Membership (or eligibility for membership) with CNO is an asset
- Knowledge of the Administrative Law and Principles of Procedural Fairness. Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA) and Nursing Act and related Regulations
- Current knowledge of issues in nursing practice for RNs, RPNs and NPs
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Reporting to the Director, Professional Conduct, identify and actively address Prosecutions and Monitoring issues that pertain to and inform the College’s regulatory mandate
- Manage Prosecutions and Monitoring team resources to achieve operational deliverables
- Management of external Legal Team to address needs and develop or revise resources
- Oversight and accountability for the CNO public register, Find a Nurse
- Work across regulatory functions to integrate Prosecutions and Monitoring processes into organization operations
- Identify trends and issues and work with other regulatory functions to promote safe practice and deterrence of misconduct
- Manage operational processes related to team functions including but not limited to legislative and internal systems changes
- Establish consultation mechanisms with stakeholders through a variety of methods such as participation in CNO and external established groups
- Lead team and individual development. Maximize individual contributions, professional growth and ability to work effectively as a team
Hiring Range: $126,442 – $131,823
Full Salary Range: $126,442 – $151,144
Please email cover letter and resume by July 24th, 2018 at 4:00pm EST to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest. No agencies, please.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. CNO offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted about a career opportunity or testing, please let us know if you require accommodation.