We’re looking for an innovative and strategic leader to help us accelerate improvement in Saskatchewan’s health care system. If you’re a systems thinker who values stakeholder relationships and is passionate about the science of quality improvement, this opportunity is for you.
HQC’s Chief Executive Officer plays a critical leadership role in the Saskatchewan health care system. Accountable to the HQC Board of Directors, the CEO is responsible for providing leadership, direction, and day-to-day management of the Council’s 43-member team.
The CEO supports the Board in shaping the priorities for the organization and is accountable for leading the successful implementation of HQC’s strategic plan. A key role will be ensuring the health system workforce continues to grow in its ability to make and sustain improvements in quality and safety. This will require forging strong relationships, collaborating effectively with key stakeholders, and applying leading practices in the science of quality improvement.
- Minimum of a Postgraduate Degree (Master’s) in a related discipline
- Minimum of seven (7) years of senior leadership experience, preferably in the health care sector and/or quality improvement field, supervising, coaching, inspiring, and managing a team
- Fully knowledgeable about the principles and application of the science of quality improvement and a solid understanding of research practices and methodologies
- Strong understanding of the complexity of the health care delivery system, with the ability to work effectively with multiple partners, and within socio-political environments
- Knowledge of business management processes, including human resources, finance, and communications
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills, with the ability to inspire, engage, influence, and motivate internal staff and a wide range of external stakeholders
- Strategic, innovative, and critical thinker who is adept at identifying issues and implementing creative and effective solutions that take into consideration both results and process
- Demonstrates strategic insight while negotiating critical situations, including instances of conflict or where there is the need to mobilize support
- Continuous learner who is curious and open to new ideas, and values diversity
- Superior interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to forge effective and collaborative partnerships
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to positively impact and influence a wide range of audiences, and communicate a compelling vision
- Systems thinker who aligns decisions with vision, values, and strategy
- Employs a variety of methods to gather intelligence, encourages open exchange of information, and uses high-quality evidence to influence action
- Results-oriented, with the ability to make difficult decisions then follow through with action
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF RESUME: 5:00 p.m. September 28, 2018
Submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; mark to the attention of ‘HQC CEO Search Committee’
For more information, contact Vicki Towriss at 306.370.9429