HealthCareCAN is the national voice of healthcare organizations and hospitals across Canada. We foster informed and continuous, results oriented discovery and innovation across the continuum of healthcare. We act with others to enhance the health of the people of Canada; to build the capability for high quality care; and to help ensure value for money in publicly financed, healthcare programs.
HealthCareCAN was formed from the merger of the Canadian Healthcare Association and the Association of Canadian Academic Healthcare Organizations in January 2014.
A member of the senior management team, the Chief Operating Officer provides strategic advice and support to the President and CEO in support of HealthCareCAN’s (HCC) overall mission and mandate. The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for leading the operational activities of the organization, including finance, human resources, administration, information technology, property management and overall corporate governance. The COO is also responsible for developing policies and management frameworks to mitigate organizational risk and ensure organizational health.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years senior management experience including business development, strategy and corporate services in the public or private sector.
- Master’s level degree in business, public or health administration. A relevant undergraduate degree with additional years of experience may be considered.
- A Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation is a definite asset.
- Demonstrated capabilities and track record in operational management, financial and accounting management, budget management, business planning and project management.
- Experience managing operations to ensure efficiency, service quality and the cost-effective management of resources.
- Proficiency with human resources, information systems and property management.
Knowledge and Skills
- Must have a solid knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles as they apply to charitable and not-for-profit organizations.
- Superior organizational financial management skills and abilities.
- Proven leadership and vision in managing staff, major projects and initiatives.
- Strong business and operational skills, including multi‐tasking and balancing priorities.
- Ability to plan and carry out operational programs within deadlines and budgets.
- Demonstrated leadership and commitment to objectives consistent with the organization’s core values.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Professional, tactful, diplomatic and respectful.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to rapid change.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Skilled negotiator.
- Solid working background with all Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience in the not-for-profit/charitable sector and working with a volunteer Board of Directors.
- Superior written and oral communications skills in English.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate Application for Chief Operating Officer position in the Subject line of the email.
If at any stage in the selection process you require special accommodation, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.
HealthCareCAN is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of individuals in our programs and services.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we can neither confirm receipt of nor respond to inquiries regarding your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.