Join us in CHA Learning: developing people – in service of healthcare
As part of a highly collaborative team, the Food and Nutrition Program Coordinator plays an integral role in the delivery, coordination and maintenance of one of our flagship professional programs: Food Service and Nutrition Management (FSNM). Delivered in partnership with Algonquin College and accredited by the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management (CSNM), FSNM is an online education program widely recognized for delivering exceptional value to the health care sector, including HealthCareCAN member organizations and others in long-term care. As a result, the Coordinator is a key link between students, employers, partners, and other members of our CHA Learning team.
To be successful in this role, you have exceptional communication, multi-tasking and strong organizational skills and draw on these in all aspects of the role. You will be the go-to person for FSNM applicants and students and often the first person who students contact whenever they need help or advice throughout their journey with CHA Learning. In support of this, you will draw on your creativity, problem solving, attention to detail, and diplomacy in student retention and recruitment and ensure, as much as possible, that students successfully achieve their academic and career goals. In the process, you will engage with a variety of learning technologies and will always be looking for opportunities to improve processes and the quality of our services to students.
You will bring a passion for lifelong learning and a strong customer-service centered approach to engaging with students and stakeholders and always strive to advance the missions of CHA Learning and HealthCareCAN.
Employment type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as the “Director of First-and-Lasting Impressions” for prospective and current FSNM students, you understand the value and importance in being friendly, informative and supportive while you answer questions about admissions and entry requirements;
- Responsive and knowledgeable about CHA Learning’s values, policies and You are able to counsel students and guide them through the program by addressing their questions and concerns and connecting them with the appropriate resource when necessary.
Recruitment and Admissions
- Develops a strong understanding of the admission and PLAR requirements for the program and reviews applications to ensure eligibility and communicate the outcome to students;
- Maintains the FSNM database and works within different systems to ensure accurate records, for example, WordPress, Excel and Moodle;
- Focusing on recruitment, builds relationships with prospective students and follows up with them to transition them into the program.
Student Administration and Retention
- Maintains all student accounts, student information and access to the learning management system and courses;
- Supports students during the continuation of their program by answering questions, providing first-tier technical support, and ad hoc requests for letters, forms and information;
- Runs learning reports to monitor, manage, and communicate student status and grades to relevant stakeholders; administers, communicates and manages changes in student status;
- Implements a framework for student retention to help aid students throughout the program.
- Works with CHA Learning team to support ongoing program development, improvement and maintenance;
- Expertly navigates the Learning Management System to ensure courses and programs are set up in an effective, efficient and user-friendly manner;
- Acts as a liaison with accrediting bodies –CSNM – and our partner in delivering the program – Algonquin College – as CHA Learning meets their requirements and program objectives (e.g. to produce annual reports, reporting of statistics).
Other related duties as required to support the needs of HealthCareCAN.
- University degree or college diploma required, preferably in a related field (e.g., dietetics, food service, health and life sciences, adult education, or business administration);
- 1-3 years of experience supporting training, learning and/or program development, offered via distance/online using a Learning Management System (Moodle, Brightspace);
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, ability to empathize, be diplomatic and build relationships with students and stakeholders;
- Exceptional attention to detail, time and task management, high degree of organization; creativity; critical thinking, confidence and maturity;
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft suite of applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access;
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to regularly collaborate, with proven performance in a team-based environment, including but not limited to diversity sensitivity, an ability to resolve conflicts and build consensus, and respect for all;
- Knowledge of financial procedures as well as office management practices and records management skills;
- Ability to examine and improve work flow collaboratively.
- Graduate of a dietetics or food services/nutrition management program would be considered an asset;
- Healthcare experience an asset or understanding of the Canadian health system;
- Project management experience an asset;
- Experience working with web based applications (e.g. WordPress);
- Knowledge of education and training and adult, online learning specifically;
- Experience with not-for-profit and/or charitable organizations, particularly within a health environment.
Job pressures require dealing with competing or changing priorities, responding quickly to student issues and questions and coordinating multiple programs and tasks at the same time. To support the demands of the job, flexibility of the work schedule is needed at times. Some early morning and evening work may be required during peak or exam periods.
How to apply:
To apply for this opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume, in confidence, no later than December 9, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote JD1218 as your reference number. We thank all applicants for your interest; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.