Help us create mental health care that meets people where they are.
As one of Canada’s foremost mental health care and academic health science centres, The Royal has a clear purpose: to get more people living with mental illness into recovery faster. This is at the core of everything we do and it is driven by the passion, focus and dedication of our employees. Every day, the work that we do transforms the lives of people with mental illness through specialized mental health care, advocacy, research and education.
Looking towards the future of mental health care, The Royal is focused on delivering faster access to better treatment. We have a vision for a future in which mental health care meets people where they are, working in harmony with other aspects of health and community.
As the Vice-President of Patient Care Services, Professional Practice (PP) & Chief Nursing Executive (CNE), you will help our clinicians do their best work and our patients live their best lives. Your primary focus will be creating an environment in which collaboration is valued and excellence in clinical care and professional development is promoted and achieved. As CNE and the executive leader for Professional Practice, you will be engaged in all levels of nursing and other health disciplines – providing leadership and oversight of professional practice, education and policy development.
We are looking for a high-energy dynamic leader to join our senior management team. Your knowledge and expertise will assist in facilitating consensus with key stakeholders and local leadership teams to ensure key deliverables are achieved, with focus on program planning and efficiencies, clinical operational readiness, workforce planning and patient care excellence. This corporate position is located at our Brockville, Ontario site.
Reporting to the President and CEO, you will lead an interdisciplinary 300-employee team of highly skilled, passionate, and dedicated mental health professionals. Your work will include overseeing patient care services for our Forensic Mental Health Programs, Secure Treatment Unit and Long Term Care facility.
The Vice-President Patient Care Services, PP and CNE, in collaboration with the senior management team, will set the new strategic and operations directions and goals for professional practice and associated programs and services. In addition, they will facilitate consensus with key stakeholders, and local leadership teams to develop operational and strategic plans to deliver integrated programs and services within and external to the organization.
In this position you will:
- Be a key leader driving The Royal’s mission of excellence in mental health care:
- Support the organization in its achievement of key milestones that drive a culture of clinical excellence and transformative patient care;
- Build and strengthen the relationships with the University of Ottawa and other education partners, and establish strategic alliances with regional, provincial and national bodies;
- Lead an integrated vision of collaborative practice that incorporates best practice evidence that is person/family centred and inter-professional, while providing leadership to professional practice, education and future strategic directions;
- Foster professional development and continuous learning opportunities for students, allied health professionals and nursing;
- Lead the design of a model for Professional Practice at The Royal. Provide strong leadership for innovative program and system redesign;
- Identify corporate professional practice education goals based on the strategic goals of The Royal and collaborate in the development of an education plan;
- Provide interprofessional education that prepares health professionals with the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for collaborative interprofessional practice.
- Ensure that the care we provide helps our patients live their best lives:
- Develop and direct the implementation of evidence-based best practices to measure, analyze and continuously improve patient care services;
- Oversee Forensics and Long Term care planning with focus on the provision of quality, and efficient and effective management of resources;
- In collaboration with the Vice-President, Patient Care Services and Community Mental Health, design and implement system-wide initiatives to facilitate patient movement through the hospital care system (Patient Flow) to the appropriate level of care in the community;
- Champion an emerging hospital-wide culture that places added value on education and embraces a culture and spirit of research and inquiry.
- Ensure efficient use of resources:
- Ensure capital and operating budgets and expenditures in the portfolio are appropriate and that spending is within allocated budgets;
- Ensure all programs and services are aligned with quality priorities and that they align with the strategic plan through targeted activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Master’s Degree in Health Administration
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership role in a mental health and addictions environment preferred.
- Knowledge of senior level management activities (organizational change, strategic planning, human resource administration and financial planning)
- Ability to identify challenges, develop a strategic plan and deliver solutions
- Talent for innovative thinking and the drive to effect change
- Dynamism to address the demands of a rapidly evolving healthcare sector
- Experience in formulating policy, developing strategies and new procedures
- Patient and family service oriented
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to establish and maintain good working relations.
- Well-developed influencing, negotiating and communication skills with excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent listening, facilitation and conflict resolution skills with the ability to build consensus
- English level A- is mandatory in oral expression, oral comprehension, reading comprehension and written
If you are looking for a unique career opportunity and would like to join a caring, compassionate and dynamic team please click on the link below to be redirected to our website. For inquiries about this position, please send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the recruitment process.