Join CFHI as a Senior Improvement Lead!
Are you passionate about improving health and healthcare? Are you a strategic leader with a proven ability to lead, develop and implement quality improvement initiatives? Can you drive change? Are you a champion for innovation and creativity?
If this sounds like you, join CFHI and let’s make change happen! Based in Ottawa, CFHI is a federally funded not-for-profit organization that identifies proven healthcare innovations and accelerates their spread across Canada. We work shoulder-to-shoulder with staff and external stakeholders to improve health and care for all Canadians.
CFHI is seeking a bilingual, permanent, full-time Senior Improvement Lead to join our EXTRA team!
What is EXTRA and how does it work?
EXTRA is unique in its approach in partnering teams from across Canada with experts, faculty and coaches to address real-life health system challenges by finding real-life health system solutions.
EXTRA builds leadership and organizational capacity to achieve evidence-informed improvement that enhances patient and family experience of care, the health of populations, and value-for-money, by offering:
- EXTRA Delivery: integrated, hands-on coaching and guidance provided by expert CFHI faculty and coaches to help senior leaders design improvement and implement real change. All aspects of EXTRA are fully bilingual (French and English) to facilitate dialogue among Fellows across Canada.
- EXTRA Impact: a curriculum engineered to deliver a customized learning experience focused on building on your organization’s capacities to design, implement and spread innovative improvement.
- EXTRA Experience: an alumni network that includes over 350 healthcare leaders across Canada – which you can tap into during and after your fellowship – to connect with healthcare leaders working to challenge the status quo.
What does a Senior Improvement Lead do?
Reporting to a Director, the Senior Improvement Lead is responsible for leading the development and implementation of CFHI’s collaboratives and other programs with responsibility for the following major activities: (1) designing and delivering critical paths, processes, tools and methods related to CFHI”s clinical and/or quality improvements collaboratives and other programs; (2) undertaking and providing oversight for evaluation, policy analysis, curriculum development and knowledge product development; and (3) build and maintain relationships with supported teams, partners and stakeholders. The Senior Improvement Lead is a management role, with signing (budget) authority and responsibility for staff supervision and oversight of external contractors (e.g., faculty, coaches, advisors). The Senior Improvement Lead is expected to operate with a high degree of autonomy and represent CFHI at external events to promote and share the vision, mission and work of the Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement.
Are you the right person for the job?
If you have the following experience and skills required to succeed in this role, we want to hear from you!
- Bilingual in English and French is mandatory (English and French communications at Advanced “C” level).
- Master’s degree or equivalent in healthcare (i.e. healthcare improvement, health policy, public administration, public health, epidemiology, health policy community health), or a combination of experience and education.
- Minimum three (3) years in a supervisory/management role.
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive experience in a similar function, preferably in a healthcare delivery organization or a not-for-profit organization.
- Demonstrated ability working in health and healthcare, particularly healthcare quality improvement.
- Familiarity with professional associations and not-for-profit organizations in the healthcare field is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to translate clinical and quality improvement knowledge into useful tools that facilitate healthcare improvement implementation.
- Extensive knowledge of evaluation strategies and measurement approaches for healthcare improvement.
- Advanced competencies in analysis, issues management, system-wide thinking, finance, and human resources management skills.
- Highly developed project management skills combined with the ability to effectively meet deadlines involving collaborative efforts.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications, negotiation, consultation and presentation/facilitation skills.
- Familiarity with adult learning principles.
- Ability to take initiative, has vision, is creative and innovative and facilitates change.
- Ability to operate within an organization’s formal and informal structures, build relationships across the organization, and leverage these relationships to build consensus and create results.
- Complex problem solving skills requiring probing for information to determine nature of problem; developing solutions; comprehending complex information.
- Well organized and attentive to details.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills with the ability to delegate effectively.
- Highly self-motivated with desire to contribute to the success of a healthcare improvement organization.
- Advanced computer and software skills including word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, electronic mail, databases and calendaring.
Tell us your story.
We want to know how you think you can add to CFHI’s work and help shape our vision of better health and care for all Canadians. Send a cover letter and your résumé to CFHI’s Human Resources team at email@example.com no later than April 22, 2019.
CFHI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.