Join the CFHI as a Senior Improvement Lead!
Are you passionate about improving health and healthcare? Are you a strategic leader with a proven ability to lead, develop and implement quality improvement initiatives? Can you drive change? Are you a champion for innovation and creativity?
If you are right for this opportunity and you love to learn from and collaborate with others, consider joining the Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement (CFHI), a federally funded not-for-profit organization, based in Ottawa, that identifies proven innovations and accelerates their spread across Canada by supporting healthcare organizations adapt, implement and measure improvements in patient care, population health, and value-for-money.
CFHI is seeking a full-time Senior Improvement Lead to join our team for a 1-year term.
Help CFHI make change happen for healthcare improvement!
The Senior Improvement Lead will work shoulder-to-shoulder with staff and external stakeholders to lead, develop and implement quality improvement (QI) collaboratives in Palliative and End-of-Life Care – A palliative approach to care provides the right care, in the right place, at the right time – improving peoples’ quality of life and the appropriate use and costs of healthcare.
What does a Senior Improvement Lead do?
Reporting to a Director, the Senior Improvement Lead is responsible for leading the development and implementation of CFHI’s collaboratives and other programs and has responsibility for the following major activities: (1) designing and delivering critical paths, processes, tools, methods and related to CFHI’s clinical and/or quality improvements collaboratives and other programs; (2) undertaking and providing oversight for evaluation, policy analysis and knowledge product development; and (3) liaising with supported teams, partners and stakeholders. The Senior Improvement Lead is a management role, with signing (budget) authority and responsibility for staff supervision and oversight of external contractors (e.g., faculty, coaches, advisors). The Senior Improvement Lead is expected to operate with a high degree of autonomy and represent CFHI at external events to promote and share the vision, mission and work of CFHI.
Are you the right person for this role?
If you have the experience and skills we need for this important role, we want to hear from you!
- Master’s degree or equivalent in healthcare improvement, health policy, public administration, public health, epidemiology, health policy, nursing or community health, or a combination of experience and education.
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive experience in a similar function, including at least three (3) years in a supervisory/management role, preferably in a healthcare delivery organization or a not-for-profit organization.
- Bilingual in English and French is preferred (English and French communications at Intermediate “B” level; Advanced “C” level is an additional asset).
- Demonstrated ability working in health and healthcare, particularly healthcare quality improvement.
- Familiarity with professional associations and not-for-profit organizations in the healthcare field is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to translate clinical and quality improvement knowledge into useful tools that facilitate healthcare improvement implementation.
- Extensive knowledge of evaluation strategies and measurement approaches for healthcare improvement.
- Advanced competencies in analysis, issues management, system-wide thinking, finance, and human resources management skills.
- Highly developed project management skills combined with the ability to effectively meet deadlines involving collaborative efforts.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications, negotiation, consultation and presentation skills.
- Ability to take initiative, has vision, is creative and innovative and facilitates change.
- Ability to operate within an organization’s formal and informal structures, build allies and relationships across the organization, and uses allies to build consensus and create results.
- Complex problem solving skills requiring probing for information to determine nature of problem; developing solutions; comprehending complex information.
- Well organized and attentive to details.
- Highly self-motivated with desire to contribute to the success of a healthcare improvement organization.
- Advanced computer and software skills including word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, electronic mail, databases and calendaring.
Tell us your story.
Tell us how you can help shape our vision for an improved healthcare system in Canada in this role by sending us a cover letter and your résumé to CFHI’s Human Resources team at email@example.com no later than October 3, 2019.
CFHI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We encourage applcations from all qualified women and men, including visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.