Integrated Quality Management
Lead change ♦ Sustain improvement ♦ Measure results
Register now for November 2014 and receive a time-limited tuition discount!
Integrated Quality Management (IQM) is CHA Learning’s latest interactive online program designed by healthcare experts, for healthcare professionals. Our Innovative IQM Program will prepare you to be a leader who can initiate and manage quality improvement within your healthcare organization.
This new program is learner-focused, allowing a flexible study pace, and even custom course packages. In just 150 hours of study, you could gain critical healthcare quality management toolkit.
This program is aimed at healthcare professionals who wish to acquire a practical and comprehensive skill set, in order to manage all aspects of quality in a variety of healthcare settings. Participants of CHA’s IQM program will obtain the practical skills and knowledge to lead initiatives aimed at improving healthcare quality through managing risk, preventing safety incidents, measuring performance or enhancing patient and family experiences. Graduates will have the confidence to act as coaches, champions and leaders who can foster cultural change within their organization and work area.
Designed in collaboration with key industry stakeholders including Accreditation Canada, this program incorporates the expertise of Canadian leaders in quality improvement, risk management, patient experience, performance measurement and patient safety.
Our program is LEADS-based, utilizing evidence-informed, nationally adopted leadership capabilities as a platform for quality improvement.
This online program is centered on the premise that patient and family experience, staff wellbeing, stakeholder engagement and effective leadership must underlie effective healthcare management, and these principles are key elements of our IQM Program. Supported by a team of healthcare experts, you will gain hands-on experience throughout the program, applying your knowledge where you work through practical projects.
We will prepare you to not only foster change, but sustain and measure it.
Participants will understand not only each individual element of IQM including quality improvement, risk management, patient safety, patient and staff engagement, and resource management, but will be able to unite them to manage quality in an integrated fashion. As a result of their studies, participants will be able to develop and implement an integrated quality management program for their area or organization, and be able to not only foster change, but sustain it.
Courses will be supported by coaches who are experts in the area of study.
At the completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Use their advanced understanding of IQM principles, tools and techniques to support the evaluation of current practices, and the development, implementation and spread of patient-centered, evidence-based improvement activities in the workplace.
- Effectively use appropriate IQM tools and techniques to tackle practical problems or meet organizational needs.
- Develop an IQM framework or plan that is linked with organizational mandate and strategy.
- Develop and use concrete indicators to measure and monitor quality, risk and patient experience and to validate improvement initiatives.
$1995 for entire program (limited time offer to those beginning in the November 2014 cohort and who pay tuition by September 5, 2014)
- Foundations of IQM & Leadership in Managing Quality (2-course package – $1395)
- Risk Management Foundations ($795)
- Patient Safety & Incident Management (2-course package) ($1395)
- Measuring and Monitoring Quality & Resource Utilization ($795)
Approximately 150-200 hours
- Self-paced – complete as quickly as you want
- Maximum 1 year to complete the certificate program
This program is open to anyone from across the continuum of care, at any level. Participants may be looking to expand their working knowledge of IQM principles and methods for use in their daily roles, or may be looking to enhance their career prospects.
Potential participants may come from various levels and backgrounds, including healthcare providers (nursing, allied health, physician), coordination and clinical leadership functions (educators, professional practice leads), and mid-management positions (department or unit managers, project managers) and anyone else interested in leading quality improvements in their organization.
- Currently working in a healthcare setting
- Comfort with technology
- Self-directed, mature learner
- Works in a supportive environment where application of knowledge is possible in the context of hands-on project work
- Current resume
- Confirmation of support of workplace
Application coming soon. For more information or to register your interest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is divided into 7 courses:
- Foundations of Integrated Quality Management
- Leadership in Managing Quality
- Fundamentals of Risk Management
- Patient Safety Foundations
- Incident Management
- Measuring & Monitoring Quality and Resource Utilization
- Final Project
Participants who wish to receive a certificate in Integrated Quality Management must complete all 7 components within a maximum of one year.
The following courses may also be completed individually:
- Foundations of IQM & Leadership in Managing Quality (2-course package)
- Risk Management Foundations
- Patient Safety & Incident Management (2-course package)
- Measuring and Monitoring Quality & Resource Utilization
Each course will have assessed components, which may include:
- Graded assignments
- Case studies
- Discussion questions
This program will primarily rely on electronic materials provided by CHA Learning. Textbooks for this program are yet to be determined and may present an extra cost to the learner.