A Selection of Videos & Success Stories Featuring Clinical Trials at Canada’s Academic Health Centres
In honour of International Clinical Trials Day 2016, HealthCareCAN is pleased to offer this selection of clinical trial videos and news stories from some of our country’s academic healthcare organizations.
This webpage is based on information in the public domain.
For more comprehensive information about clinical trials at our organizations, please visit: Clinical Trials at Canada’s Academic Health Centres.
In Other Clinical Trials News
- Should you join a clinical trial? (Featuring: Hamilton Health Sciences)
- Fecal transplants cure most cases of C. difficile, first clinical trial shows (Featuring: Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre)
- Clinical trial first for less invasive procedure to treat prostate cancer (Featuring: London Health Sciences Centre)
- ‘Enhanced’ stem cell clinical trial promises new era in treating heart attack patients (Featuring: The Ottawa Hospital)
- Can exercise stop cancer? Colon cancer survivors needed for ground-breaking clinical trial (Featuring: Kingston General Hospital)
- Toronto hospital crowdfunding helps to expand clinical trials (Featuring: St. Michael’s Hospital)
- Denied experimental drug, cancer patient pins hope on new clinical trial (Featuring: University Health Network)
- Blood pressure drug shrinks cancer in ‘miracle’ clinical trial (Featuring: Provincial Health Services Authority)
- Ottawa Hospital launches world’s first clinical trial of two virus cancer treatment (Featuring: Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario)
- Prostate cancer drug developed in B.C. hits clinical trials (Featuring: Provincial Health Services Authority)
- Ottawa researchers testing stem cells for septic shock (Featuring: The Ottawa Hospital)
- New therapy hopes to slow deadly form of brain cancer (Featuring: The Ottawa Hospital)
- Research saves a stroke patient’s life and changes stroke treatment around the world (Featuring: The Ottawa Hospital)
- ‘This is it’: the cancer treatment that has doctors talking about a cure (Featuring: The Ottawa Hospital)
- Palliative care study exposes stigma, calls for rebranding (Featuring: University Health Network)
- Researchers find blood marker that determines who will respond to colorectal cancer drug (Featuring: University Health Network)
- SPIRIT Statement, SPIRIT 2013 Protocol Checklist Released, and The Checklist Manifesto Meets Clinical Trials–SPIRIT13
(Featuring: Women’s College Hospital)
More From Our Partners
- N2 (Network of Networks): It Starts with Me: Learn More About Clinical Trials
- Clinical Trials Ontario (CTO): Community Spotlight
- Clinical Trials Ontario (CTO): Ontario Showcase
- Canadian Clinical Trials Coordinating Centre
- Canadian Clinical Trials Coordinating Centre Asset Map (CCTAM)
- Council of Academic Hospitals of Ontario (CAHO): Building a HEALTHIER Ontario: Tina Ceroni’s Story
- New Brunswick Health Research Foundation (NBHRF): Clinical Trials New Brunswick
- The Clinical Trials New Brunswick website is coming soon!