To consult a complete list of positions available, please visit Hôpital Montfort’s ‘Careers and Volunteering’ (https://hopitalmontfort.com/en/careers-and-volunteering) web page.
Competition Number: J0719-0202
Job Title: Dietary Technician
Position Number: 04509
Job Category: Nutrition and Food Services
Job Type: Casual
Collective Agreement / Manual: Non-Unionized
Working hours: 5:30am – 1:30pm, 11:30am – 7:30pm
Open Positions: 1
City, Province, Country: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posting Date: July 5, 2019
Closing Date: August 2, 2019
Salary: $28.65 – $34.08/Hour
Hôpital Montfort is Ontario’s Francophone Academic Hospital, offering exemplary person-centred care. The hospital serves over 1.2 million people in Eastern Ontario, in both official languages. In 2014, it earned Accreditation with Exemplary Standing from Accreditation Canada, and was designated Best Practices Spotlight Organization by the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario.With its main partners, the University of Ottawa and La Cité college, as well as other post-secondary programs, Montfort is preparing the next generation of Francophone healthcare professionals. In 2015, it joined the ranks of Canada’s top 40 research hospitals through the activities of the Institut de recherche de l’Hôpital Montfort. As part of its 2016-2021 strategy, Montfort is striving to become your hospital of reference for outstanding services, designed with you and for you.
Summary of Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Nutrition Service Manager, you will coordinate and perform administrative and clinical duties within the department. Your key responsibilities are:
- Correct and distribute menus and snacks to patients according to nutritional demands and therapeutic diets;
- Coordinate the distribution of trays to meet Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), including the portioning and presentation of the meals.
Profile and Experience
- Have a college diploma in Food and Nutrition Management;
- Hold a food handling certificate from a recognized institution;
- Be a member of the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management;
- Compliance with your professional and ethical order when applying best practices.
- Have a minimum of one (1) year of experience in a hospital food service.
- Be organized;
- Demonstrate attention to detail;
- Problem solving;
- Master both official languages (French and English), both orally and in writing, at a functional level.