Contributing to Saegis
Saegis is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) and has as its vision to be the leading change agent for safe and sustainable healthcare in Canada. Saegis delivers professional development programs for physicians and healthcare professionals, safety programs for institutions, and practice management solutions for physicians and team-based practices. Saegis offers high quality, specialized solutions designed to result in sustainable improvements, whether for individual practitioners, teams or healthcare institutions.
Accountable to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director, Practice Management is responsible for planning and directing all aspects of the delivery of solutions to team-based healthcare clinics and practices outside of hospitals. These services will provide assistance to practices to reduce risk, improve quality which will have a positive impact on clinical management, and administrative processes.
The incumbent directs the development and delivery of solutions that meet identified customer needs and that are aligned with the strategic direction of the parent company. This will involve understanding the clinic market needs and risks facing them, identifying opportunities, and establishing and maintaining partnerships with suitable external service providers who will assist in developing and delivering services. An emphasis on ensuring high quality service delivery will be critical. Supported by staff, the Director will be accountable for the acquisition of new customers for the offerings.
Given the nature of this role, the Director must form productive and sustainable relationships with a range of potential customers and key stakeholders, including those within the parent company, external service providers, as well as relevant healthcare and other organizations, to ensure offerings meet identified needs and have the desired impacts on the practice.
Practice Management Solutions
- Based on market knowledge and research, leads the identification of opportunities to assist team-based clinics and practices in reducing risk and streamlining their practice management processes.
- Leads the development of practice management product and service requirements and the offerings themselves ensuring the needs of physicians, healthcare professionals, and administrative staff within practices are considered.
- Employs effective business and service delivery models that will ensure high quality products and services are delivered to customers.
- Identifies suitable partners within relevant markets that could meet the identified customer needs. Negotiates appropriate contractual arrangements with selected providers.
- Identifies potential customer targets for identified products and services.
- Oversees the delivery of products and services to customers and is accountable for the quality of the offerings.
- Works with departmental staff to develop and maintain high standards for the delivery of services and products. Ensures the development of quality assurance practices and procedures.
- Provides leadership, coordination, and direction to the line of business staff to ensure the provision of high-quality services
- Manages the performance of direct reports and provides regular feedback including the annual performance assessment.
- Develops and maintains an effective organizational structure.
- Provides direction in the recruitment, management, and retention of staff.
- Working with the Leadership Team, develops and maintains a succession plan to ensure key resources and professional development in the department.
Strategic and Operational Planning
- Consults with the CEO and Leadership Team to explore new initiatives, programs, and improvements.
- Works with the CEO, Leadership Team, and other staff to develop and implement long and short-term plans that are aligned with overall Saegis objectives.
- Provides information to management to facilitate an understanding of the Practice Management line of business goals and operations.
- Identifies and assesses risks to achieving the operational plan and budget. Develops and implements plans to mitigate risks as appropriate.
- As a member of the Leadership Team, contributes to the strategic direction of Saegis as a company, making decisions that will further Saegis’ goals
- Oversees and coordinates the development of integrated performance metrics for the Practice Management line of business including those that measure customers’ satisfaction with the quality of service and efficiency of service delivery.
- Provides information and reports to senior management on results/performance, as well as on issues or initiatives of corporate importance.
- Leads the development of the annual plan and budget for the Practice Management line of business.
- Manages Practice Management spending within the established budget.
Relationships and Teamwork
- Communicates with other business areas regarding issues of organizational importance.
- Builds strategic relationships with key customer groups and potential partners in delivering services.
- Works closely with counterparts within the parent company to ensure a common understanding of physician and team-based practice needs.
- Connects and builds relationships with all Saegis management and staff.
- Works closely with the Business Strategy Lead to distill market intelligence and identify market opportunities.
- Works closely with the Marketing Specialist to ensure appropriate marketing of business programs to potential customers
Education and Experience
- Clinical background within a healthcare team based setting is strongly preferred (e.g. physician, nurse, etc.).
- Dependent on candidate the following education is required:
- Degree in medicine, or
- 4 year Bachelor in Nursing Science (or equivalent combination of Diploma and work experience, or
- University degree, preferably in Business
- At least 8 years management/leadership level experience within a healthcare team-based setting is a requirement
- Experience working in senior roles within healthcare businesses
- Experience working with senior decision makers, staff, and a variety of stakeholders
- Experience in coaching and mentoring individuals and teams to meet their full potential
- Experience working within an entrepreneurial organization is an asset
Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of team-based practice administrative and business needs and risk areas
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills
- Strong strategic orientation and business acumen
- Effective in combining partnership, entrepreneurship, and collaboration in an innovative, high-growth environment to achieve/exceed Business Unit targets
- Expertise in managing operational plans, budgets, and performance
- Self-starter with a proven track record of delivering results
- Ability to have a “big picture” perspective, exercise sound judgment, and make difficult decisions
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
- Bilingualism (English and French) is strongly preferred
- Please submit cover letter and resume by 4:00 pm on Monday, October 14, 2019 through the job site: https://jobs.jobvite.com/saegis/job/opr5afwP
- Compensation includes a defined benefit pension plan and comprehensive benefits package