As one of Canada’s foremost mental health care and academic health sciences centres, The Royal has a clear purpose: to get more people living with mental illness into recovery faster. This is at the core of everything we do and it is driven by the passion, focus and dedication of our employees. Everyday, the work that we do transforms the lives of people with mental illness through specialized mental healthcare, advocacy, research and education. Looking towards the future of mental health care, The Royal is focused on delivering faster access to better treatment. A key element of this is community-based services. Our vision for The Royal is a hospital without walls – a future in which mental health care meets people where they are, working in harmony with other aspects of health and community. A significant program within this is the Community Mental Health Program (CMHP).
The Director, Patient Care Services in the Community Mental Health Program provides context and strategic guidance in the operations of a diverse community based program within the Royal Ottawa Health Care Group. This position guides and directs the delivery of patient care services specific to the Community Mental Health Program in collaboration with the Clinical Director the implementation of service standards, metrics and human resource management; fostering positive employee, patient, community and partner relations specific to the clinical services; ensuring program meets accreditation standards, develop and adhere to patient and employee safety standards.
In this position you will
Accountability #1: Delivery of patient care services
- Oversees operations in line with the clinical context of CMHP.
- Ensures integration of clinical research and teaching with clinical practice.
- Provides leadership and direction for CMHP
- Ensures efficient and effective delivery of interdisciplinary services and access to patient care services.
- Ensures for the delivery of high quality clinical outcomes within CMHP
- Accountable for program performance and achieving quality indicators
- Facilitates accreditation reviews and continual readiness
- Ensures services are compliant with relevant legislation.
Accountability #2: Ensuring Client and Family Centre Care
- Works closely with Client and Family representatives of CMHP, The Royal and the community to ensure client and family centered models of care within CMHP
Accountability #3: Management of the Human Resources functions.
- Guides and manages the overall provision of patient care services, policies, and programs for CMHP. The major areas directed are:
- Accountable for the effective and efficient utilization of human resources with applicable collective agreements; policies and procedures; and legal requirements.
- Coaching and mentoring staff
- Promoting and fostering a safe and healthy work environment.
- Performance appraisals.
- Attendance management
- Adherence to patient and workplace safety policies and practices.
- Adherence to respectful workplace policies and practices.
Accountability #4: Management of operating and capital budgets.
- Planning, developing and administering operating and capital budgets. Includes liaison with funding sources.
- Ensuring that the financial, performance and other information used for decision making is reliable and adequate.
Accountability #5: Strategic Planning in line with Corporate Goals.
- Ensuring development of Program Goals & Objectives in line with Corporate Goals.
- Facilitating evaluation of the Program.
- Ensuring integration of clinical research and teaching with clinical practice.
Accountability #6: Representation of the program and ROHCG.
- Participating as appropriate in corporate teams, working groups or committees.
- Representing the ROHCG and Program at community committees and partnerships.
- Responsible for policy/practice and procedure development and documentation related to CMHP.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Masters degree in related health care/administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Registration with Professional Association/College as appropriate
- Minimum ten years experience in related health care field including five years in management
- Knowledge of community mental health system and models of service.
- Previous experience with provincial networks
- Recovery orientation and experience with program design
- Experience working with clients and families in program design and evaluation
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill related to clinical practice issues
- Demonstrated effectiveness working within a cross-functional environment
- Experience working within a unionize environment
- Experience with developing close working relationships with community mental health partners
- Knowledge of Project Management (development, implementation, and evaluation)
- Exceptional organizational, facilitation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities/multiple demands
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to work with a variety of professionals as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal & written) with internal and external stakeholders at various levels
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- English level A- is mandatory in oral expression, oral comprehension, reading comprehension and written expression. Bilingual (French/English) is preferred.
If you are looking for a unique career opportunity and would like to join a caring, compassionate and dynamic team please apply on our website at https://www.theroyal.ca/careers/external-postings?p=job%2FovTccfww
We are an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the recruitment process.