As a Catholic hospital, we are committed to providing excellence in specialized mental health and addictions services grounded in research and education and guided by faith-based values. As an inspired organization, we will change lives by leading the advancement and delivery of compassionate care.
Position Title: Regional Training Coordinator/ Clinical Consultant
Job Class: Psychologist
Dept/Program: Ontario Structured Psychotherapy
Rate of Pay: $55.71 to $70.68 per hour
Employment Type: Full Time
Employee Group: OPSEU
Work Schedule: 37.50 hours weekly as per schedule
Posting Date: February 11, 2020
Posting Type: Open
To purpose of the position is to provide leadership and oversight for the region with respect to therapist training and consultation requirements in the Ontario Structured Psychotherapy (OSP) program. Provincially, the Regional Training Coordinator will represent Waypoint (a Hub in the OSP program) and the North Simcoe Muskoka region in training and supervision committees and working groups, contribute to provincial decisions about training protocols and consultation of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, and ensure that the ongoing development of the training program is appropriate for rural and remote areas.
The Regional Training Coordinator position will ensure that the OSP therapists in this region are participating in all required training and will track all completed training for each therapist. It is expected that the duties of the Regional Training Coordinator will take up approximately half of the incumbent’s time. The other half of their time will be focused on providing clinical consultation to other professionals (e.g., SW, RP, OT) who are engaged in the provision of cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) for individuals with depression, anxiety, PTSD or OCD.
- Prepare for and participate in provincial OSP training and consultation leadership meetings, committees and working groups, and translate provincial training and consultation expectations into achievable outcomes in the region
- Co-facilitate the online OSP CBT training courses
- Update regional clinical consultants on ongoing changes to training and consultation expectations and supporting stepped care and intake process.
- Oversee the training and consultation aspects of the stepped care pathway within the region
- Track and ensure that all OSP therapists access mandatory OSP training and are provided with the OSP required materials
- Develop materials to support OSP CBT protocol adoption by OSP therapists
- Train and remain up-to-date on OSP CBT protocols, training program and consultation expectations
- Collaborate with the regional OSP leadership team and management teams and participate in regional and provincial program development
- Provide regular and ongoing clinical consultation in CBT to other OSP professionals who are autonomous or qualifying members of a regulated College eligible to provide the controlled act of psychotherapy in hospital outpatient and community-based care settings across the North Simcoe Muskoka region
- Doctoral degree in clinical psychology
- Registration in good standing as a Psychologist with the College of Psychologists of Ontario
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in the delivery of evidence-based CBT with formal CBT training and appropriate supervision
- Preference for experience training others in CBT and those with at least 1 year of experience supervising/ consulting
- Additional training and experience in Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) for PTSD preferred
- Education and/or experience in teaching and training adults and others
- Results oriented work ethic to work independently and undertake tasks needed to accomplish work objectives and deliver quality, consistent and timely results
- Demonstrated leadership, conflict resolution, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt readily to change
- Models and promotes core ethical practice, Waypoint Values, and reflects an optimistic and positive attitude
- Preference for proficiency in French/English language skills
How do I apply?
Waypoint employees apply through the Employee Self-Service portal at https://employees.waypointcentre.ca by quoting Job ID WC19-297. Please Note: This posting will remain open until filled. Attach your cover letter and resume detailing why you are interested in this opportunity and how you meet the qualifications and key accountabilities specified.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued and respected. Waypoint offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position, however, due to high volumes only those selected for an interview will be contacted.