Program: Residence Saint-Louis
Position Type: Temporary, Part-Time and Casual
Salary Scale: $32.21 to $46.11 /hr, plus a percentage in lieu of benefits
Start Date: 2020/04/01 8:00
Closing Date: 2020/09/30 23:59
As part of Bruyère Continuing Care you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, the Registered Nurse (RN) in Long-Term Care at RSL reports to the Director of Care and provides care which is safe, effective, resident-centred, ethical, and evidence-based. Within their scope of practice and in accordance with organizational policies, procedures and standards and with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) practice standards, the RN assists residents and their families to manage clinical conditions and transitions using a holistic approach. The RN assesses the resident, and engages residents/families to develop and maintain a plan of care which promotes the resident’s quality of life, optimal autonomy and maximize his/her self-care. The RN oversees the provision of care and provides guidance to the clinical staff assigned to the unit.
He/She is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
He/She is committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Certification of competency from the College of Nurses of Ontario (BScN an asset)
- Valid cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) Basic Life Support (BLS) Level C certificate
- Recent related clinical experience (work or educational related)
- Fluent in French and in English (oral expression, oral comprehension and reading comprehension)
- Related specialty certification (e.g. CNA certification)
- Membership in relevant professional associations (e.g. RNAO, CGNA, OARN, etc)
- Excellent resident assessment skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, critical thinking, delegation and problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to develop, implement, evaluate, maintain and modify a plan of care.
- Strong leadership skills and competency to oversee practice of Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs) and Personal Care Attendants (PCAs).
- Ability to teach and mentor RPNs, other Registered Nurses, students and PCAs.
- Good knowledge of infection prevention and control, as well as occupational health and safety.
- Competency in prevention and management of conflict.
- Motivation towards professional growth and development
- Knowledge of PointClickCare software
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicate that they meet the required qualifications (firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.bruyere.org). Copies of their degrees and certifications, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère Continuing Care is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which may be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.