Program: Residence Saint-Louis
Position Type: Temporary, Part-Time and Casual
Salary Scale: $26.474/hr to $27.735/hr, plus a percentage in lieu of benefits
Start Date: 2020/04/01 8:00
Closing Date: 2020/09/30 23:59
As part of Bruyère Continuing Care you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
Reporting to the Director of Care, the Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team. He/she provides care which is safe, effective, resident-centered, ethical, and evidence-based to residents that are predictable, stable and have low levels of complexity. Within their scope of practice and in accordance with organizational policies, procedures and standards and with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) practice standards, the RPN supports residents and their families to receive care which promotes the resident’s quality of life, optimal autonomy and maximize their self-care.
He/She is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
He/She is committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
*The unit and shift hours listed on this posting are for information purposes only and subject to change.
- Certification of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- RPN medication administration certification
- Valid cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) Basic Life Support (BLS) Level C certificate
- Fluent in French and English
- Knowledge of policies and procedures related to administration of medication, gavage and sterile techniques
- Membership in relevant professional associations (e.g. RPNAO)
- Experience and/or certification in geriatrics or Long Term Care
- Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA) and/or P.I.E.C.E.S. certification
- Ability to work with physically frail elderly and with residents in dementia care
- Ability to use a computer
- Ability to write observations coupled with resident assessment skills and critical thinking
- Knowledge of PointClickCare and eMARs
- Strong abilities for communication, organizational and interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Dedicated towards professional growth
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicate that they meet the required qualifications (email@example.com or visit www.bruyere.org). Copies of their degrees and certifications, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère Continuing Care is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which may be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.