Vancouver, $29.27 per hour
Full-time, part-time, and casual opportunities available!
Are you detail-oriented and efficient? Help us accurately and effectively provide our patients with the medications they need, so we can provide the best patient care possible.
What you’ll do
- Process clinically reviewed and approved medication orders for distribution to patients.
- Receive prescriptions (verbal and non-verbal) from practitioners. Ensure prescriptions are complete and authentic by verifying allergy status and/or demographics.
- Prepare and process prescriptions. Pre-package oral, liquid and topical medications into unit-of-use format.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of dispensed prescriptions by verifying order entries, and/or performing the final check.
- Enter and ensure the accuracy and completeness of drug and personal health information in the pharmacy information system.
What you bring
Current registration (or eligibility to register) as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of BC.
What’s in it for you
BC Cancer (www.bccancer.bc.ca) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home. Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Relocation packages (if eligible)
To learn more about these exciting opportunities and potential relocation packages, please contact Amirah Matiets, Talent Acquisition, at email@example.com