- Brampton or Etobicoke, Ontario
Whether you are a clinical placement away from writing your licensing exam, an experienced nurse, or you are retired, we invite you to answer the call to make a difference here at William Osler.
Your community needs your skills, your compassion, and your energy, now more than ever. In order to meet new demands, we need more hands, more heads, and more hearts.
The COVID-19 pandemic is an evolving situation, and above all else, we value our people. Practical training for working safely and effectively in a fast-paced, challenging environment is our priority.
William Osler Health System is a multi-site hospital system that serves 1.3 million residents of Brampton, Etobicoke, and surrounding communities within the Central West Local Health Integration Network. Osler’s emergency departments at Brampton Civic Hospital, Etobicoke General Hospital and Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health & Wellness are among the busiest in Ontario. We have been named one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for 2019 for its exceptional workplace diversity and inclusiveness programs and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for the eighth time in 2019.
Ready to join? As a student, recent graduate, experienced Registered Practical Nurse (retired or otherwise), or Respiratory Care Practitioner we’d love to speak with you.
If you are a new grad or on-the-verge-of-graduating as a nursing student, Osler can offer you:
- The chance to start or complete your clinical placements.
- Mentorship and guidance on your next steps.
- Hands-on skills to take with you after this unique experience, or to bolster your eligibility for permanent status.
If you are an Experienced Registered Practical Nurse, Osler can offer you:
- The chance to continue to grow and develop your skills.
- Valuable experience in a hospital setting.
If you are a retired Registered Practical Nurse and can jump back into patient care and mentor new nurses, we’d love to have you back.
How you will make an impact:
- Practice safe, patient-centred, nursing across all aspects of the process: Assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care.
- Provide care in a compassionate and caring manner within a diverse cultural environment, ensuring patient safety and physiological and psychological well-being, associated with creating a therapeutic relationship and environment.
- Adhere strictly to infection control and prevention measures.
- Respond to emergency situations by recognizing changes in patient’s health status and consulting appropriately when necessary using Transfer of Accountability principles.
- Provide health teaching to patients and families including thorough discharge instructions to ensure the continuity of care in the community.
- The education and certification. Current good standing status or eligibility for registration, with BCLS required. Medication Administration certificate and Patient Assessment Course required for Registered Practical Nurses graduating prior to 2005 Nursing Assessment course preferred.
- The practical experience. Sound knowledge of nursing processes, theory, and responsibilities to the nursing profession. Hands-on exposure in an Acute Medical or Intensive Care unit would be beneficial.
- The compassion, communication, and relationship-building skills.
- Passion for helping others and playing a key role in the health and well-being of your community members.
- Willingness to follow directives and help where needed.
- An ability to thrive in a collaborative practice model as part of – and with – multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellence in decision-making and critical thinking.
- Flexibility and the ability to pivot in a rapidly changing environment.
- Exceptional verbal, comprehension, and written skills in English.
- Outstanding attention to detail and a keen understanding of accuracy.
- A drive to fulfill expectations around attendance, punctuality and performance.
Your community thanks you for considering this role.
Apply now. Please express your interest here. We promise to consider all applications.
Come live our values – Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Innovation – with us.
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. (AODA). If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com
To apply, please follow the link here: https://bit.ly/2JTWqEX