- Brampton or Etobicoke, Ontario
William Osler Health System invites you to answer the call to make a difference as a Registered Respiratory Therapist in our Cardiology Department. Your community needs your skills, your compassion, and your energy, now more than ever. In order to meet new demands, we need more hands, more heads, and more hearts.
The COVID-19 pandemic is an evolving situation, and above all else, we value our people. Practical training for working safely and effectively in a fast-paced, challenging environment is our priority.
William Osler Health System is a multi-site hospital system that serves 1.3 million residents of Brampton, Etobicoke, and surrounding communities within the Central West Local Health Integration Network. Osler’s emergency departments at Brampton Civic Hospital, Etobicoke General Hospital and Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health & Wellness are among the busiest in Ontario. We have been named one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for 2019 for its exceptional workplace diversity and inclusiveness programs and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for the eighth time in 2019.
Ready to join? As a Registered Respiratory Therapist (retired or otherwise) we can offer you valuable experience in a hospital setting, the chance to continue to grow and develop your skills, and an opportunity to mentor new therapists.
How you will make an impact:
- Consult as a resource to the patient care team and with other members of the multidisciplinary health care team on both patient care plans and technical or clinical issues
- Provide expertise in airway management, medication by inhalation, and all other areas as it pertains to cardio-respiratory care
- Practice safe, patient-centred, nursing across all aspects of the process: Assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care.
- Provide care in a compassionate and caring manner within a diverse cultural environment, ensuring patient safety and physiological and psychological well-being, associated with creating a therapeutic relationship and environment.
- Adhere strictly to infection control and prevention measures.
- The education and certification. Current good standing status or eligibility for registration with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario, with BCLS certification. You are a graduate of a Respiratory Therapy Program. You have certification in Adult Intubation and Adult Radial Arterial Line insertion, ACLS is preferred. CSRT and RTSO membership are preferred.
- The practical experience. You have exceptional skills demonstrating your ability to prioritize patient care needs, conduct a swift and accurate physical assessment, make autonomous decisions, and contribute to a care plan.
- The compassion, communication, and relationship-building skills.
- Passion for helping others and playing a key role in the health and well-being of your community members.
- Willingness to follow directives and help where needed.
- An ability to thrive in a collaborative practice model as part of – and with – multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellence in decision-making and critical thinking.
- Flexibility and the ability to pivot in a rapidly changing environment.
- Exceptional verbal, comprehension, and written skills in English.
- Outstanding attention to detail and a keen understanding of accuracy.
- A drive to fulfill expectations around attendance, punctuality and performance.
Your community thanks you for considering this role.
Apply now. Please express your interest here. We promise to consider all applications.
Come live our values – Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Innovation – with us.
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. (AODA). If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com.
Link to apply: https://bit.ly/2yekqQQ