Locations: Brampton & Etobicoke Ontario
To apply, please follow the link here: https://bit.ly/2KzIj8l
William Osler Health System invites you to answer the call to make a difference as a Personal Support Worker. Your community needs your skills, your compassion, and your energy, now more than ever. In order to meet new demands, we need more hands, more heads, and more hearts.
The COVID-19 pandemic is an evolving situation, and above all else, we value our people. Practical training for working safely and effectively in a fast-paced, challenging environment is our priority.
William Osler Health System is a multi-site hospital system that serves 1.3 million residents of Brampton, Etobicoke, and surrounding communities within the Central West Local Health Integration Network. Osler’s emergency departments at Brampton Civic Hospital, Etobicoke General Hospital and Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health & Wellness are among the busiest in Ontario. We have been named one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for 2019 for its exceptional workplace diversity and inclusiveness programs and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for the eighth time in 2019.
Ready to join? As a Personal Support Worker, we can offer you valuable experience learning from practical situations and the chance to continue to grow and develop your skills.
How you will make an impact:
- Provide compassionate care to patients you interact with.
- Assist patients with activities of daily living, mobilization and transport.
- Assess the need for supplies, place orders and restock patient care rooms and storage areas.
- Maintain and distribute departmental monitoring equipment.
- Transport patient specimens to the pneumatic tube.
- Contribute to the maintenance of a safe work environment.
- Adhere strictly to infection control and prevention measures.
- The education and certification. Personal Support Worker Certificate from an accredited institution, current CPR certification, and basic knowledge of aseptic techniques.
- The practical experience. Recent hands-on experience working with patients in a variety of settings,and the ability to handle physical requirements of the job (ability to lift at least 25-30 pounds). Ideally, but not required, you have exposure to a highly technical patient care environment and knowledge of the Meditech systems.
- The compassion, communication, and relationship-building skills.
- Passion for helping others and playing a key role in the health and well-being of your community members.
- Willingness to follow directives and help where needed.
- Flexibility and the ability to pivot in a rapidly changing environment.
- Exceptional verbal, comprehension, and written skills in English.
- Outstanding attention to detail and a keen understanding of accuracy.
- A drive to fulfill expectations around attendance, punctuality and performance.
Your community thanks you for considering this role.
Come live our values – Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Innovation – with us.
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. (AODA). If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at mailto:email@example.com.