Shalom Village is the Jewish community’s gift to all Hamilton area seniors. It transforms the lives of older adults through a variety of programs and services, including long-term care (Levy Long Term Care and the Gould Long Term Care), assisted living apartments, convalescent care, and community wellness and social programs. It provides an unwavering commitment to making every day the best day possible for the seniors for whom they provide care.
What makes Shalom Village different is its unique “AT HOME” approach to care. Staff help residents maintain their quality of life by providing opportunities for residents to participate in activities that have personal meaning and value. The staff provide opportunities for the continuity and fulfillment of each resident’s life interests, values and activities in a Jewish context for all persons requiring long-term or respite care.
Founded by the Jewish Community for the benefit of all seniors throughout the Hamilton Region, Shalom Village’s Jewish values and traditions ensure that all residents, benefit from the respect, compassion and dignity inherent in the Jewish faith. As a resident-centered campus of care, Shalom welcomes and celebrates residents of all faiths.
The board of Shalom Village is conducting a search for a new Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for the overall leadership, management and operation of Shalom Village, and is accountable to the Board of Directors.
Job Related Experience:
- Minimum 10 years’ progressive experience in a senior leadership role preferably in non-profit
- Ideally 4 – 5 years of CEO experience building a culture of trustful teams
- Strong business acumen: experience leading a similar sized organization
- Exceptionally strong board governance experience in the non-profit sector
- Extensive experience developing and executing strategic plans
- A seasoned change agent who knows how and when to implement and introduce appropriate change
- Ability to optimize infrastructure and identify opportunities
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering excellence
- Experience building partnerships
- Very comfortable with ambiguity
- Fundraising acumen and ability to participate in foundation events with enthusiasm and presence
- Knowledge/understanding of LTC and the broader health system (an asset)
- Understanding of unions (an asset)
- Experience in a faith-based setting (asset)
- Strong inspirational leadership; leads by example; an influencer and consensus builder
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of organizational and management skills. Effective at promoting accountability and delegation of authority
- Deep business acumen
- Ability to build trusting and cohesive relationships with the board, leadership team, staff, Foundation, community partners, donors and other stakeholders
- Exceptional communicator – clarifies vision by communicating established roadmaps with timelines and expectations that various stakeholders can understand
- Strong problem solver; effectively devises innovative solutions/resolutions
- Respectful of the Jewish faith
- Post-secondary education in a related field; Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Health Administration preferred.
This search is being conducted on behalf of Shalom Village by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
To submit your application by May 29, 2020, please visit: http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/. Select the role and ‘Apply’ to upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents.
For additional information please reach out to Janice Wooster at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.388.4049 / 1.866.647.5149.
We request all cover letters and resumes be submitted online only. Technical difficulties submitting your documents? Please email your application to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.