Program: Health Records
Position Type: Temporary, Full-Time, Day, 75 hrs / pay period, 1.0 FTE
Salary Scale: $26.239 to $31.323/hr, plus a percentage in lieu of benefits
Start Date: 2020/03/17 8:00
Closing Date: until filled
As part of Bruyère Continuing Care you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
Reporting to the Manager, Health Records and Telecommunications, the incumbent is responsible for qualitative and quantitative analysis, coding and abstracting of patient health records according to standards of practice established by Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA) and Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI); analysis of patient charts; resource for all hospital staff for medico-legal correspondence; has a strong working knowledge of Bruyère Continuing Care policies and procedures and of the HIM module in MEDITECH which includes the Incomplete Records Desktop, Record Locator Desktop and Release of Information Desktop modules. The incumbent will travel between sites.
He/She is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
He/She is committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Graduate of recognized Health Information Management (HIM) program and active certified member of Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA)
- Thorough understanding of ICD 10 diagnostic coding/abstracting
- Thorough medico-legal knowledge
- Advanced medical terminology and computer skills
- Fluent in French and English
- Excellent decision making and self-motivation skills
- High degree of initiative and analytical skills
- Judgement in priority setting in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet large workload demands in a timely fashion
- Client focused
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of the Health Records team.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicate that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certifications, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère Continuing Care is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which may be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.