HealthCareCAN is the national voice of healthcare organizations and hospitals across Canada, our goal is to improve the health of Canadians through an evidence-based and innovative healthcare system.
Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support and serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President and CEO. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors and its Committees (i.e. Governance and Human Resources Committee; Finance, Audit and Risk Committee; Strategic Planning Committee) and the Leadership Team.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected.
- Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the President and CEO, with Board members, stakeholders, government officials, and others.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President and CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Works closely and effectively with the President and CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President and CEO updated.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the President and CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Serves as the President and CEO’s administrative liaison to the Board of Directors; assists Board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meeting planning as needed.
- Coordinates the agenda and background documentation of board and committee meetings, leadership team meetings, including off-site meetings, and staff meetings.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience supporting senior managers or directors.
- Healthcare experience an asset or understanding of the Canadian health system or experience with not-for-profit and/or charitable organizations.
- Exceptional organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, Board members, government officials, etc.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrates the highest level of member service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals, meet deadlines in a fast paced environment, and deal with competing or changing priorities. Flexibility of the work schedule is required at times.
- Fluently Bilingual (French and English) required.
This is a permanent full-time position.
For additional information about HealthCareCAN visit our website at www.healthcarecan.ca.
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate Application for Executive Assistant in the subject line of the email.
If at any stage in the selection process you require special accommodation, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation. HealthCareCAN is an equal opportunity employer and values the diversity of individuals in our programs and services.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we can neither confirm receipt of nor respond to inquiries regarding your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.