Island Health is looking for dedicated leaders for Food Service Supervisor/Technician roles across Vancouver Island.
This is your opportunity to be a part of a diverse team while providing care in an interesting and unique way. We have kitchens in many health care facilities across the island which encompasses long term and acute care hospitals. You can be an instrumental part of this team and make a real difference.
We are looking for casual Food Service Supervisors/Technicians to fill current employees’ vacation time, sick days and leaves. This is a great opportunity to join the Island Health team on a casual basis, and build your seniority that could lead to part-time or full-time positions. As a casual employee, you will have access to positions that are only posted internally.
In this role, you will be part of the dynamic Food Service Supervisor/Diet Tech team. You will be responsible for overseeing and participating in the delivery of food services to patients, residents, customers and clients. This position supervises designated staff by coordinating work assignments and coaching employees, as well as recruiting/training and maintaining department standards and procedures.
Benefits – you’ll have access to:
- starting hourly wage of $28.09
- casual employees receive 12.6% of their straight time pay exclusive of all premiums, in lieu of scheduled vacations and statutory holidays
- weekend/evening additional shift premiums
- flexibility in accepting casual shifts, provided the terms of the Facilities Collective Agreement are met
- at least one year of recent, related leadership experience in the field
- graduation from a two year CSNM accredited program in Food Service and Nutrition Management or meet eligibility requirements (https://www.csnm.ca/)
- certificate in Food Safe Level 1.
Learn more and apply today:
About Island Health
With more than 24,500 employees, 1,900 physician partners and 3,000 volunteers, Island Health is the largest employer on Vancouver Island, providing a comprehensive range of progressive health services to the 765,000 residents of Vancouver Island and adjacent coastal communities.
Some positions are eligible for our exceptional employer-paid benefits package including dental and prescription coverage, group life, long term disability and extensive extended health plan, plus paid time off after your first year of employment.