Reports to: Director, Safety Strategies and Programs
Salary Range: $81,600 to $102,000
Location: Our head office is located in Ottawa, Ontario, however we welcome remote work outside Ottawa or a blend of onsite/work from home if the candidate is from the Ottawa area. Note that all staff are currently working from home and no travel is permitted. We are continually reassessing during the pandemic.
Deadline to apply: March 7th, 2021
How to apply: Visit https://cfhifcass.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Under the leadership of the Director of Safety Strategies and Programs, and through continuous relationship building with colleagues, stakeholders and partners, this position helps accomplish the goals of the patient safety portfolio to advance our mission, vision and strategic goals.
Your core responsibilities would include:
- In collaboration with stakeholders and partners, develop and deliver customized programs that improve safety outcomes.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of programs, incorporating principles of patient engagement, patient safety science, quality improvement, change leadership, knowledge translation and implementation science.
- Manage all phases of programs, including the development of charters and plans, estimating and managing time and resource requirements, identifying and mitigating risks, implementation, and evaluation.
- Maintain awareness of safety evidence and practice, maps stakeholders and priorities in order to contribute to relevant national and international patient safety initiatives.
Education and experience you will need to have:
- Graduate degree in a healthcare, management or safety related discipline.
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive experience in a similar function.
- Extensive knowledge of patient safety, risk management and quality improvement.
- Broad knowledge of healthcare policy and of the Canadian healthcare system.
- Strong computer skills and superior knowledge of technology as products and services are delivered. in virtual learning environments and the use of virtual communication channels is required.
And even better if…
- You have demonstrated progressive healthcare leadership experience in patient safety.
- You have a clinical background in a health-related discipline (nursing, pharmacy, allied health, etc.).
CFHI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.