Come work as a Director, CST Implementation with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Director, CST Implementation to join the CST Project-Site Implementation team. Apply today to join our team!
As a Director, CST Implementation with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Support the development and delivery of CST (Clinical Systems Transformation) implementation and sustainment for VCH.
- Work with the specific community of care leadership, CST organizations and key stakeholders, to ensure there is a successful rollout of this electronic health record system.
- Ensure that all activities related to implementation and sustainment of the clinical information system are coordinated, including technical infrastructure, health information management, data quality, and integration requirements.
- Work closely with Clinical Informatics and Operations to ensure VCH achieves the rollout of the clinical content, workflow processes, and the clinical information system activation, providing oversight to the change management approaches, and minimizing disruption to care delivery.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Masters degree in Health Services Administration, Business Administration or related masters degree
- 10 years’ recent, related experience that includes hospital budgeting, managing strategic and operational projects, and facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups (including the public, senior and middle management, physicians and staff).
- Current registration with relevant professional College/Association, if applicable.
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going learning and professional development.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Fosters collaboration and effective working relationships with stakeholders that promote cooperative goals and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Inspires a shared vision and aligns performance goals and objectives for team and individuals to ensure match with strategy while maintaining group cohesiveness, motivation, commitment and effectiveness.
- Applies superior conflict management skills and expertise to persuade and negotiate effective resolution of issues/disputes.
- Displays comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Uses sound business acumen to manage the fiscal resources of assigned projects/services in a manner that is financially responsible and consistent with overall goals of the organization.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of available resources for projects and applicable stakeholder groups, provides feedback and detailed analysis on project processes and makes recommendations as required.
- Utilizes initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Employs excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively present information to relevant stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Works independently and effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.