|Job Title:||Accommodation Advisor|
|Work Site:||VGH 12th & Oak|
|Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday and Statutory holidays
Come work as an Accommodation Advisor with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an Accommodation Advisor to join the Employee Health team. Apply today to join our team!
As an Accommodation Advisor with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Report to the Manager, Accommodation Team, provides advice, support and education related sustainable accommodations to employees who are ill or injured.
- Utilize best practice guidelines, research studies, published consensus opinions and/or case law findings.
- Identify sustainable accommodation opportunities that integrate employees back into the workplace in meaningful and productive employment.
- Collaborate with WorkAbility Team and Workplace Health to foster safe and effective return to work plans.
- Make recommendations to the Employer on the accommodation issues as required.
Education & Experience
- University degree in a related field, Human Resources certificate and/or Disability Management certificate (NIDMAR)
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of recent related experience in a unionized health care environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
Please apply online at careers.vch.ca