|Job Title:||Employee Health Coordinator|
|Work Site:||VGH 12th & Oak|
|Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible, until May 2022
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
Come work as an Employee Health Coordinator with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an Employee Health Coordinator to join the Employee Health team. Apply today to join our team!
As an Employee Health Coordinator with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Be responsible for providing effective case management and administrative support for straightforward return to work processes for an assigned portfolio within the health authority. These cases would include occupational (WSBC MSI claims) and non-occupational injuries/illnesses.
- Be responsible for return to work support services that encompass planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating options available to meet an individual’s needs for a safe and early return to work and liaises on behalf of the department with union representatives and external agencies to coordinate return to work efforts.
- Help promote recovery at work through transitional work program or return to work (RTW) efforts
- Work with department managers and the WSBC on the identification of claims for coordination of early intervention services, and coordinating modified/alternate work opportunities to mitigate absences from work due to injury/illness.
- Work with other members of the Disability management team, including supporting the Employee Health Advisors, to ensure integration of services that promote the early and safe return to work for staff and escalate files when necessary. Primary contacts are with Managers, Employee Health Advisors, WSBC, external services providers, payroll and records and benefits.
Education & Experience
- Diploma in Rehabilitation and Disability Management or related program from a recognized educational institution
- Three (3) years’ recent related experience in claims management in a healthcare and/or a large complex multi-site union environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- A relevant Certificate in Disability Management is an asset.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Applies acquired skills and knowledge to efficiently and independently resolve administrative issues/problems.
- Effectively utilizes both verbal and written communication skills when providing advice or information or seeking/acquiring information.
- Optimizes departmental effectiveness and contributes to organizational success by applying excellent time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments and schedule activities.
- Practices diligence and care when maintaining, monitoring, calculating and summarizing data, records and budget information.
- Highly developed business writing and verbal communication skills with the ability to document work appropriately.
- Resourceful; well-organized; systematic analysis; strategic thinking; critical thinking; attention to detail; leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise tact, good judgment and initiative, deal with frequent and random changes; make decisions for a wide variety of complex business matters.
- Demonstrated ability to use database, spreadsheet and word processing software at an advanced level to create a variety of documents, reports and presentations, and to maintain databases.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
Please apply online at careers.vch.ca