|Job Title:||Manager-Allied Health Long Term Care and Assisted Living Professional Practice Team|
|Work Site:||520 West 6th|
|Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible until July 1, 2022
Days off: Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays
Come work as a Manager-Allied Health Long-term care and Assisted Living Professional Practice Team with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Manager-Allied Health Long-term care and Assisted Living Professional Practice Team join the team at the Residential Practice. Apply today to join our team!
As a Manager-Allied Health Long-term care and Assisted Living Professional Practice Team with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Report to the Professional Practice Director Nursing and Allied Health Long-term Care and Assisted Living
- Be responsible for promoting excellence and advancing autonomous professional practice relevant to the strategic direction of the organization.
- Work as the Manager for Allied Health in partnership with Interdisciplinary Long-term Care and Assisted Living Professional Practice team, Community of Care (CoC) practice teams and other relevant internal/external stakeholders, the incumbent guides the application and standardization of practice standards, regulations and best practices within the organization.
- Act as the manager to Allied Health team members.
- Provide leadership and expert consultative advice on scope of practice, clinical informatics, resource planning and research to enhance the practice environments and achieve effective and efficient quality of care.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Allied Health
- Three (3) to five (5) year’s recent, related experience in a complex health care environment including project leadership, program planning and evaluation, education, facilitation and or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration in a recognized health profession in British Columbia.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Understands available resources for practice and keeps quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions; provides knowledgeable input into the planning and resources allocation for Service(s)/Program(s) within VCH.
- Demonstrated Clinical Informatics experience.
- Facilitates, collaborates and negotiates for effective resolution of practice issues.
- Keeps informed about evolving tends and practices, shares knowledge and supports Nurses and Allied Health staff to integrate evidence-based practice in the delivery of quality care/services.
- Fosters collaborative and effective working relationships to support the professional practice and ongoing development of staff and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Extensive experience/base in clinical practice document/protocol development and implementation.
- Extensive understanding of Health Professions Act.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Please apply online at careers.vch.ca