|Job Title:||Regional Manager, Support Services, Food Operations|
|Work Site:||Surrey Memorial Hospital|
|Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
0800 – 1600
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and Statutory Holidays
Come work as a Regional Manager, Support Services, Food Operations with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Regional Manager, Support Services, Food Operations to join the BISS Team at Surrey Memorial Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Regional Manager, Support Services, Food Operations with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Be responsible and accountable for all aspects of the planning, organizing and directing management and staff and activities of food operations for designated multiple sites, that may include facilities of Vancouver Coastal Health, Providence Health Care, Provincial Health Service Authority and Fraser Health (reference as Lower Mainland Business Initiatives and Support Services (BISS)).
- Be responsible for monitoring the performance of contracted support services and customer service management. However, the primarily responsibility will be for Fraser sites as assigned with in-house food operations.
- Be responsible and accountable for developing, implementing and understanding BISS policies and service standards, creating and leading key operational projects (as assigned) and supporting other colleagues with similar responsibilities.
- Lead health authority and provincial food policy committees and working groups as required.
- Be responsible for leading and developing food service functional program plans for new builds and redevelopments (within the health authority’s template and framework approach) for their facilities/sites.
- Work together with the colleagues of Contract & Operational Services team and the Regional Director, the Manager is responsible for building and maintaining exceptional customer and operational service provider relations that deliver consistent performance to commonly required standards.
- Anticipate major changes at their designated site/facilities that impact services, and plans and implements mitigating strategies.
- Be a member of the leadership team, the incumbent is expected to participate in a respectful and productive manner, provide and accept thoughtful counsel and advice, and fully support decisions made by this team.
Education & Experience
- Baccalaureate in Dietetics or Nutritional Science from an accredited university and current registration with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia
- Seven (7) years’ recent, related working experience in a food operations management role in a health facility or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership ability and highly develops interpersonal and communication skills.
- Broad knowledge of health facility support service operations.
- Comprehensive knowledge in contract management, and cost/benefit analysis.
- Practical understanding of contract law and commercial terms & conditions.
- Extensive experience in managing partner/service provider relationships.
- Extensive experience in managing projects to achieve results.
- Broad knowledge of the BC Health Care Industry environment.
- Effective leadership and communication skills to foster a respectful and motivating environment.
- Competently utilizes spreadsheet and word processing applications at an intermediate to advanced level and has a comprehensive knowledge of computerized purchasing systems, including e-commerce applications.
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication, interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Please apply online at careers.vch.ca