Location: Positions available island wide
Vacancy type: Casual
Salary Range (Hourly Rate): $28.65
CRC required? (employee will be working with or have access to children or vulnerable adults and requires a Criminal Record Check): Yes
Are you someone who has a real passion for wanting to help others?
Island Health is currently looking for dedicated leaders for Food Service Supervisor/Technician roles at a number of our sites. Here is your opportunity to be a part of a diverse team while providing care in an interesting and unique way. We have kitchens in many health care facilities across the island, which encompasses long term and acute care hospitals. You can be an instrumental part of this team and make a real difference.
In this role, you will be part of the dynamic Food Service Supervisor/Diet Tech team. You will be responsible for overseeing and participating in the delivery of food services to patients, residents, customers and clients. This position supervises designated staff by coordinating work assignments and coaching employees, as well as recruiting/training and maintaining department standards and procedures. You also receive and process diet orders in a progressive centralized diet office setting utilizing a variety of computerized applications.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Have at least (1) year’s recent related leadership experience in the field.
- Graduation from a two year CSNM accredited program in Food Service and Nutrition Management or meet eligibility requirements.
- Certificate in Food Safe Level 1.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be computer savvy to work with a number of systems/applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to deal with others effectively/conflict management.
- Ability to supervise.
- Excellent time management skills in a fast-paced work environment.