Drive Innovation & Change
Shape a Renewed Strategy
Riverview Healthcare Centre is a 387 bed community-based hospital designed using a village concept with a focus on rehabilitation, palliative and long-term care needs. With an unmatched 110-year legacy, the Centre supports progressive programming for patients and residents in hospital and personal care home units, as well as outpatient and community programs. Riverview prides itself on providing a compassionate, welcoming and safe home-like environment and provides Manitobans with access to innovative and high-quality patient-focused health services. For additional information, please visit: www.rhc.mb.ca
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO is responsible for shaping a new strategic plan and leading the development and implementation of short-term and long-term strategies. This integral role will promote a resident-centered philosophy of care and provide visionary leadership to a variety of healthcare initiatives and wide range of operational projects in a complex and transformative healthcare system.
This position provides an opportunity to be a critical component of a well-run operation that is committed to compassionate and innovate healthcare solutions and sustainable outcomes and services.
Riverview Healthcare Centre is seeking a people-savvy, Servant Leader with a successful track record leading medium-to-large-sized operations. This individual will apply innovative strategic thinking and work collaboratively with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Provide strategic leadership and collaborate with the Board to develop and implement the next 5-year strategic plan to proactively position the organization to meet future healthcare needs.
- Oversee the administration of the day-to-day operation in a professional and efficient manner reflecting the core mission, values, and philosophy of the organization.
- Execute the vision and goals of the Centre establishing organizational objectives to achieve optimal performance and integrative service delivery.
- Provide leadership and accountability for core functions including strategic planning, program oversight, service delivery, administration, operational management, financial management and human resources.
- Responsible for the overall compliance with the Regional Health Authorities Amendment Act and Bylaws.
- Establish cooperative relationships with government, health authorities, health agencies, industry related partners and internal and external stakeholders as spokesperson for the Centre.
- Establish strategic community-based partnerships with allied organizations.
- Foster an environment focused on innovation and high-quality patient-focused service and long-term care.
- Mobilize, manage, and coach staff to enhance individual and operational performance.
- Provide forward-thinking leadership in an evolving, transformational healthcare environment.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Health Services Administration, or related field.
- 10 years+ of progressive leadership experience and ability to mobilize and develop teams.
- Experience working with and/or reporting to a Board of Directors.
- Successful track record running an operation in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Strong healthcare leadership experience with business and financial acumen.
- Innovative thinker who can apply resourceful and creative solutions in a changing environment,
- Demonstrated success leading continuous transformation and change management.
- Superior organizational, strategic planning and facilitation skills.
- Government relations experience, coupled with the ability to maintain and foster new relationships.
- Inspirational leader with the ability to coach, mentor, and influence individuals internally and externally.
- Ability to utilize technology as an enabler for seamless service delivery.
- Adaptable and open-minded person with strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to adapt to a changing healthcare environment.
- Relationship-driven professional with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and sensitivity to, working with diverse populations.
To apply in confidence, please submit a resume and cover letter quoting project #30129 to Jen Sklar, firstname.lastname@example.org