Position posting number: 2108153
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Vice-President / CNE is responsible for all clinical operations across the four sites of the hospital, and providing leadership to our team of dedicated and skilled nurses and allied health professionals, as well as ensuring compliance with legislative and professional requirements.
The Vice President / CNE has responsibility for Nursing, Laboratories, Pharmacy, Diagnostic Imaging, Physiotherapy, Patient Movement and Flow, and Quality.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, we want the Vice President / CNE to be an engaged, compassionate, results-oriented leader with a track record of building successful teams and partnerships to work closely with a passionate hospital team to deliver high-quality care and outstanding patient experiences.
The Vice President / CNE will
- Champion our values;
- Embody and embed a culture of engagement, support, authenticity, and accountability;
- Provide support to a team of patient care and clinical managers on day-to-day operating issues across all four sites of SBGHC, while maintaining a clear focus on strategic initiatives;
- Earn the respect and trust of internal and external stakeholders through effective collaboration and communication;
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities,
- Participate in regional networks and committees,
- Provide leadership insight in the development of the Grey Bruce Ontario Health Team (OHT),
- Act as the SBGHC Executive Lead for the Accreditation Canada process.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- BSc Nursing with a graduate degree in a relevant field;
- 10 years of progressive clinical hospital leadership experience;
- Currently registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Demonstrated leadership ability, collaborator and team-builder;
- Demonstrated success with planning, organizational leadership, management, labour relations, financial management, communication and related skills;
- A visible and compassionate leader who listens, consults, collaborates and is able to coach others;
- Proven track-record of conceptualizing and operationalizing innovative ideas;
- A leadership style that inspires excellence, innovation and interdisciplinary teamwork;
- A demonstrated commitment to professional development and continuing education.
South Bruce Grey Health Centre is a four-site, 66-bed hospital located in mid-western Ontario with locations in Kincardine, Walkerton, Chesley and Durham. We serve a community of 44,000 people, plus 10,000 seasonal residents and 30,000 tourists across our catchment area. Two hours from Toronto and London, and 90 minutes from Kitchener-Waterloo, all of our sites offer 24/7-hour emergency care. Other services include acute, medical, obstetrical (450 births at the RJ Creighton Family Birthing Centre), surgical and a full range of diagnostic and ambulatory care services. SBGHC is complemented by four strong, vibrant and supportive Foundations, as well as an engaged Patient and Family Advisory Council.
In addition to a rewarding leadership position, the four communities of SBGHC offer many great amenities including some of the best sunsets in Canada along the sandy beaches of Lake Huron, salmon fishing in the Saugeen River, hiking trails through beautiful forests, and rich farmland throughout our communities.
We also benefit from being the hospital partner to Bruce Power, a nuclear generating station which provides 30% of Ontario’s electricity – Bruce Power has embarked on one of the largest infrastructure projects in Canada with a $13 billion life-extension project that will continue through 2033, allowing its units to operate safely through to 2064. The presence of Bruce Power provides an attractive employment opportunity for your spouse or partner who is interested in the nuclear or construction industry.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to SBGHC Human Resources by email to email@example.com by Tuesday, August 25th, 2021 clearly indicating the posting number noted above. Acknowledgement of receipt of resumes will be completed prior to the closing date of this vacancy.
SBGHC is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. SBGHC will provide reasonable accommodation in compliance with AODA when notified by a candidate that accommodation due to a disability is required for the interview process.