Work Site: Lions Gate Hospital
Status: Regular Full Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays
Come work as a Project Leader, Facilities Planning with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Project Leader, Facilities Planning to join the Facility Functional Planning team at Lions Gate Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
Reporting to the Manager, Planning and Projects or designate, the Project Leader is responsible for overseeing and supporting the planning, design and/or implementation of assigned projects across Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), including project planning, project management, communications, and contract management. Oversees assigned staff and provides leadership by directing work teams, contractors and consultants as needed on a project-by-project basis.
As a Project Leader, Facilities Planning with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Manage the planning and implementation of approved projects and/or enabling sub-projects from the initial planning and design stages through to implementation and completion.
- Provide support by conveying policies and priorities, directing work and ensuring issues are resolved or escalated level(s) to meet project deliverables and timelines.
- Oversee assigned staff as needed on a project-by-project basis.
- Carry out project plans according to established departmental project methodologies and systems to ensure successful and coordinated completion of project components.
- Monitor project charter, plans, budget, scope, schedule, expenditures, client satisfaction and risks, report on variances and impacts to deliverables, and make recommendations to departmental leadership.
- Participate in and/or lead meetings throughout project lifecycle.
- Attend and/or lead construction meetings to manage issues, problems, and schedules and to direct activities as required.
- Provide input to project business plans and project charters as requested, conduct feasibility studies, perform analysis and develop solutions.
- Prepare cost estimates and recommend budgets. Prepare planning and construction schedules to align with user needs and expectations.
- Review and assess space occupancy and utilization; provide recommendations on options to improve the operation, efficiency and effectiveness of impacted business units.
- Coordinate planning, design and contract document preparation by liaising with clinical planners, equipment planners, design consultants and various user groups for assigned projects.
- Review schematic designs, design development documents, working drawings and specs for functionality, attainment of program/facility needs.
- Sign off on drawings and changes as required and within authorized limits; obtain building and other required permits for assigned projects/
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with health and safety requirements. Immediately reports unsafe situations by notifying supervisor or other appropriate personnel.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve, and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Diploma in Architectural and Building Technology, Engineering Technology, or a related field
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ recent related experience managing, leading and directing facilities projects in a complex institutional environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of capital project planning and implementation processes including design, construction and procurement within current standards, codes, bylaws and regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and construction specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage planning, design and construction projects simultaneously.
- Ability to supervise and provide direction to team members.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, plan, organize, prioritize and implement projects in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a dynamic project environment with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to operate related equipment including related software applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.