Job ID: 14652
Deadline to Apply: Until filled
Target Openings: 1
CGEn, funded by the Canada Foundation of Innovation (CFI) and leveraging investments from Genome Canada and other stakeholders, is a genomics network with linked-laboratories in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver, and users and collaborators spanning all of Canada, and internationally. CGEn’s mission is to enable Canadian leadership in fundamental and applied genome science research, most notably through the genome-wide sequencing of RNA and DNA, epigenomics and metagenomics in humans and other species, as well as all aspects of managing and analyzing the complex datasets generated.
The primary role of the Director, Programs & Partnerships, CGEn, is to lead all CGEn activities focused on CGEn led programs and help build partnerships with national and international projects and organizations to enhance CGEn’s ability to support and impact the Canadian genomics eco-system. The position reports to the CGEn Chief Executive Officer and works closely with the CGEn’s Operational Management team.
Here’s What You’ll Get To Do:
- Lead the management of CGEn programs (including HostSeq, CanSeq150 and others), working closely with the CGEn Operational Management Committee (OMC), to make sure all program operational activities continue at each of the 3 nodes.
- Proactively identify and prioritize opportunities to grow CGEn’s partnerships nationally by bringing new users to CGEn, including those from new disciplines and sectors.
- Promoting all available CGEn technologies and services to potential users with the aim to build a broader user base nationally benefiting all three CGEn nodes.
- Assist in evaluating potential new partnerships and collaboration, as well as monitoring and management of on-going partnership.
- Work with CGEn institutional contracts and legal groups to develop and execute agreements to enable collaborations with private sector and other partners.
- Work collaboratively with all CGEn stakeholders and clients including universities, hospitals and industry partners.
- Help develop funding applications, in collaboration with Principal Investigators, focused on operational support, technology development and/or major scientific initiatives, including raising funds from federal and provincial government agencies.
- Interface and liaise with cross functional CGEn teams including the operational management, bioinformatics support, technology development and knowledge translation teams.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- PhD or equivalent advanced research experience in Genetics or Molecular Biology or a related field.
- Extensive knowledge of the university and health-related organizations (hospitals) research environment and the ability to understand the processes that further the application of research results in the private sector; greater than five years of experience in a technology transfer–like function.
- Knowledge of government programs to support health-related technology development and innovation.
- 3 years+ experience of operational management within the genomics field.
Additional strategic marketing or business consulting experiences will be an asset.
- Knowledge of clinical and research operational management.
- Knowledge of regulations, guidelines and best practices governing genomics research.
- Knowledge of Canadian healthcare system.
- Strong planning, organizational, and project management skills.
- Highly self-motivated with strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with financial knowledge and modelling skill will be an asset.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time within Canada.
- Fluency in both English and French language will be an asset.
Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
This position offers health benefits & pension, including vacation/personal days, hybrid workplace and access to a number of employee perks such as our Wellness Program.
Deadline to APPLY: Open until filled