Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Mississauga, ON
Bayshore HealthCare (‘Bayshore’) is one of the country’s leading providers of home and community health care services and is a Canadian-owned company. As a leading provider of home and community health care services since 1966, Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada’s Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
With over 100 locations across the country, including home care offices, pharmacies and infusion clinics, Bayshore has more than 13,500 staff members and provides care to over 350,000 clients. They are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life, dignity and independence of all Canadians, by providing customized care plans and solutions that allow clients to remain in the comfort of their own home.
The Bayshore brand extends across four business divisions:
- Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services, plus therapy and rebab services)
- Bayshore Home Care Solutions (home care services for government care programs)
- Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patient support services)
- CAREPath (healthcare navigation program, focus on oncology and chronic disease management)
They deliver the unique Bayshore experience built on the principles of Compassion, Respect, Reliability, Patience, Professionalism, Ethics as well as Continuous Learning and Improvement.
- Bayshore Mission: Passionate and Caring
Bayshore HealthCare is passionate and caring about everything it does. About the time with clients, how each other is treated and the quality of its work.
- Bayshore Vision: Imagine Being the Difference
Each and every one of our Bayshore employees has the ability to create special moments, both big and small. They constantly look for ways to make things better and be the difference in the lives of people being cared for or work with and communities serviced.
- Bayshore Values: Compassion, Respect, and Dignity
Bayshore values compassion and reliability, teamwork and diversity, innovation, leadership and growth.
For more information about the organization, their services and more, please visit their website
Reporting to the COO, the Managing Director will provide strategic leadership and management for the Home Care Solutions business, Bayshore’s largest business unit with over 4000 employees. As a key member of the Senior Leadership team, the Managing Director is responsible for helping to lead the continued evolution of the business, setting it up for further growth.
This senior operations executive will work closely with other members of the Bayshore senior leadership team to develop and implement strategies to provide services for seniors across the care spectrum. Working with their teams of Regional and Area Directors, the new MD will reinforce a collaborative approach to delivering efficient, high quality services that meet the needs of clients in home care environments.
Focusing on continuous improvement, the new MD will work closely with corporate teams to build and roll-out scalable, technology-enabled and data-driven approaches to managing the business that will enable consistency of delivery across the business and create a platform for future growth. All innovation programs and initiatives will be considered from the perspective of enhancing both efficiency and customer care, and always with a view to ensuring a high degree of local leader autonomy in business decision making.
Relentless attention to the development and acquisition of talent is critical to ensuring Bayshore continues to provide an industry-leading client experience. Importantly, the new MD will continue to champion a culture characterized by its focus on accountability, continuous improvement, staff empowerment and professional development. Empowered staff will further drive innovation and improvements in customer care, thereby creating a virtuous circle, making Bayshore a compelling and attractive place for existing and new staff to build their careers
As a member of the Bayshore leadership team, you will provide sound business counsel on strategic initiatives, facilitate and participate in healthy debate on important strategic and tactical business decisions, and contribute to the development and implementation of the strategic plan and direction (including setting budget and growth targets and reviewing/meeting operational performance and quality metrics). Specific responsibilities are further detailed below.
Business and Operational Leadership
- Develop, support and monitor implementation of business objectives aligned with the organizational strategic plan;
- Contribute to interfacing with customers, regulators and other key stakeholders to develop business opportunities, review and address operational issues;
- Contribute to Bayshore’s position vis-à-vis relationships with government, regulators and on industry association boards;
- Develop and implement an efficient and effective care delivery model that is consistent across the businesses;
- Identify and drive efficiencies with care and consistency, allowing for local leader autonomy and in a manner that provides customers with the best possible care;
- Work with clinical leadership to ensure the quality of care exceeds regulatory standards and is consistently in the top quartile of the industry;
- Drive the highest levels of customer service by identifying and implementing customer centric best practices;
- Develop and lead a team of Regional and Area Directors who care deeply about their communities and have a sense of pride and ownership over their respective businesses;
- Leverage data and analytics resources to develop new insights into the business, inform strategy and drive improvement initiatives;
- Instill creative thinking and behavior at all levels of the organization to constantly seek ways to improve services and to challenge the status quo.
People Management and Team Development
- Inspire passionate leaders to join and build their careers with Bayshore;
- Develop existing leaders, preparing them for more senior roles so that they can leverage their experience further;
- Align the leadership team in leveraging value-added opportunities and steward the distribution of resources to ensure maximum benefit;
- Focus and motivate the workforce to create a great customer experience;
- Offer consistent and meaningful leadership to the Regional and Area Directors, with clear performance expectations and targets, regular coaching and feedback and opportunities for career progression;
- Model critical thinking skills, problem-solving behaviors, advocacy and a “can do” mentality to achieve a high-performance team environment;
- Identify skills and/or knowledge gaps relative to management and field needs, including maintenance of succession planning for key roles;
- Form and implement engagement and retention strategies that will empower staff to deliver their best work;
- Collaborate with the Human Resources team to ensure productive and professional relationships;
- Support the Health & Safety team to reduce injuries and encourage an early and safe return to work.
Service Quality/Client Satisfaction
- Build and maintain professional partnerships with internal business partners and support teams, customers and other stakeholders that are characterized by shared responsibility and success, open communication and transparency;
- Ensure the organization is positioned to achieve and maintain the highest level of industry accreditations;
- Develop and implement key improvement plans ensuring customer satisfaction levels remain high and best in class;
- Develop a comprehensive, coordinated continuous quality management and risk management program to monitor, evaluate and improve the quality of care and services;
- Standardize systems, processes and clinical practices to enable quality service excellence and a reliable customer experience across all locations;
- Use metrics/dashboards to guide and monitor progress;
- Keep abreast of industry developments through environmental scanning and monitoring trends;
- Ensure the business unit is compliant with legislative requirements.
- Minimum of 8 years of leadership/management experience at the senior/executive level
- A strong track record of success in increasingly senior operations roles in a service-based business known for strong customer service practices
- Knowledge of long-term care/health care services would be ideal
- Experience in operational planning, development and evaluation, with the ability to articulate long-term strategy and goals, and lead a team to execute those strategies to achieve the end goal;
- Proven analytical, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills with the ability to operate at a strategic level to develop and achieve shared goals and organizational objectives
- Knowledge of quality and risk management practices with a demonstrated commitment to continuous quality improvement;
- A collaborative style that enables the leader to work well with people at all levels of an organization;
- A humble/servant leader who is, at the same time, inspiring and compelling;
- Able to encourage high performance from individuals including those outside direct line authority through influence and collaboration;
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize and engage a large workforce to provide a consistent customer experience across many locations;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a results-oriented management style;
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and ability to recognize and respond to changing industry trends and priorities;
- Post-secondary degree in relevant field; preference will be given to candidates possessing Master’s degree in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration;
About LHH Knightsbridge – www.lhhknightsbridge.com
LHH helps organizations simplify the complexity associated with transforming their leadership and workforce so they can accelerate results, with less risk.
As global leaders in Talent and Leadership Development, Career Solutions and Executive, Interim and Mid-Level Search, we assist organizations in finding new talent, and helping their employees navigate change, become better leaders, develop better careers, and transition into new jobs. We have the local expertise, global infrastructure, and industry leading technology and analytics required to simplify the complexity associated with executing critical talent and workforce initiatives, reducing brand and operational risk. Teams across Canada and around the world leverage our proven programs and global experience to deliver tailored solutions to clients that align talent with the needs of their business.
Established in 1967, we have been providing outplacement services for 52 years. LHH is a wholly owned subsidiary of Adecco, SA, a publicly held Fortune Global 500 firm and the world’s leading provider of HR solutions, with approximately 32,000 FTE employees and 5,100 branches in over 66 countries and territories around the world. LHH has more than 4,000 employees around the globe including 2,200+ certified Career Coaches.