Reports to: Managing Director
Location: Mississauga, ON
Bayshore HealthCare (‘Bayshore’) is one of the country’s leading providers of home and community health care services and is a Canadian-owned company. As a leading provider of home and community health care services since 1966, Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada’s Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
With over 100 locations across the country, including home care offices, pharmacies and infusion clinics, Bayshore has more than 13,500 staff members and provides care to over 350,000 clients. They are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life, dignity and independence of all Canadians, by providing customized care plans and solutions that allow clients to remain in the comfort of their own home.
The Bayshore brand extends across four business divisions:
- Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services, plus therapy and rebab services)
- Bayshore Home Care Solutions (home care services for government care programs)
- Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patient support services)
- CAREPath (healthcare navigation program, focus on oncology and chronic disease management)
They deliver the unique Bayshore experience built on the principles of Compassion, Respect, Reliability, Patience, Professionalism, Ethics as well as Continuous Learning and Improvement.
- Bayshore Mission: Passionate and Caring
Bayshore HealthCare is passionate and caring about everything it does. About the time with clients, how each other is treated and the quality of its work.
- Bayshore Vision: Imagine Being the Difference
Each and every one of our Bayshore employees has the ability to create special moments, both big and small. They constantly look for ways to make things better and be the difference in the lives of people being cared for or work with and communities serviced.
- Bayshore Values: Compassion, Respect, and Dignity
Bayshore values compassion and reliability, teamwork and diversity, innovation, leadership and growth.
For more information about the organization, their services and more, please visit their website
The Regional Director of Operations, under the direction of the Managing Director, oversees the operations in the Branch Offices to ensure ongoing effectiveness and efficiency as independent Business Units. She/he provides guidance to Area Directors with respect to meeting or exceeding anticipated sales and profit goals, human resource management, strategic planning and continued growth, problem resolution and company promotion. The Regional Director of Operations will facilitate, and support identified projects and operational initiatives with an aim of driving branch operation efficiencies or implementing new initiatives, processes or technologies. This position serves as a member of the Senior Management team and provides support with respect to the development of new operating locations and closure of current locations.
Specific responsibilities are further detailed below.
- Provide direct support to the Branch Offices through personal calls and visits as needed;
- Participate in the development of a branch operating strategy to achieve short and long term operational and business development goals;
- Collaborate with Area Directors to develop, implement and evaluate Business and Marketing Plans to achieve desired goals and objectives; monitor progress and provide leadership in modifying business strategies such that objectives can be realized to the greatest extent possible;
- Lead business development as it pertains to the opening of new Branch Offices, program development or new lines of business in collaboration with the National Development Centre, other Bayshore divisions and the local Branch Offices;
- Assist in analyzing the sales and operational activities of Branch Offices; determine the potential for continued operation; lead the design, implementation, and evaluation of actions to improve operations to meet company expectations or recommend discontinuation of operations as appropriate;
- Ensure that administrative responsibilities of the Branch Offices are completed in a thorough and timely manner; assist Area Directors to resolve administrative problems and develop interventions to eliminate recurrence;
- Provide leadership to the Branch Offices with respect to Human Resources management in conjunction with the NDC HR business partners, ensure compliance with Human Rights, Statutory employment requirements, Common Law expectations and all HR policies and procedures;
- Provide leadership for the implementation, maintenance and evaluation of company-wide Quality Management System and Continuous Improvement initiatives in collaboration with the Senior Management Team;
- Take an active role in facilitation of the Area Directors national meetings to ensure that the needs of all area directors are met and that issues discussed are pertinent to all regions. Ensure directives arising from the meetings are implemented and evaluated in a timely manner;
- In collaboration with the National Development Centre, ensure appropriate participation with relevant industry associations, committees or boars so as to ensure Bayshore is seen as a strong community partner and to ensure ongoing intelligence regarding industry and government direction;
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures;
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns. Responsible for completing Accident Reports for all direct reports who injure themselves on the job, within 24 hours of the incident;
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel;
- Complete other tasks as requested.
The Regional Director of Operations must demonstrate ongoing competency in completing all expected duties and responsibilities of this job description as well as specific goals and objectives that are agreed to.
Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to meet deadlines; demonstrated track record of high productivity, confidence and sound judgment in dealing with clients and staff; requires frequent travel; strong commitment to continual learning.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a health related discipline or business discipline, or equivalent with experience and education;
- A minimum of 10 years related Health Care or transferable management experience in a complex multi-site, distributed network, health care environment;
- Successful track record in business planning and implementation, strategic planning, financial analysis, human resource management, Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement;
- Proven ability to lead and motivate teams and inspire individuals towards continuous improvement and the drive to achieve excellence.
About LHH Knightsbridge – www.lhhknightsbridge.com
LHH helps organizations simplify the complexity associated with transforming their leadership and workforce so they can accelerate results, with less risk.
As global leaders in Talent and Leadership Development, Career Solutions and Executive, Interim and Mid-Level Search, we assist organizations in finding new talent, and helping their employees navigate change, become better leaders, develop better careers, and transition into new jobs. We have the local expertise, global infrastructure, and industry leading technology and analytics required to simplify the complexity associated with executing critical talent and workforce initiatives, reducing brand and operational risk. Teams across Canada and around the world leverage our proven programs and global experience to deliver tailored solutions to clients that align talent with the needs of their business.
Established in 1967, we have been providing outplacement services for 52 years. LHH is a wholly owned subsidiary of Adecco, SA, a publicly held Fortune Global 500 firm and the world’s leading provider of HR solutions, with approximately 32,000 FTE employees and 5,100 branches in over 66 countries and territories around the world. LHH has more than 4,000 employees around the globe including 2,200+ certified Career Coaches.