Clinical Care Manager – Emergency – Whitehorse General Hospital
Regular Full-Time Position
This position has a yearly salary range of $105,052.00 to $131,315.00
Reporting to the Director Patient Care, Whitehorse General Hospital, the incumbent has the responsibility, authority and accountability for the clinical, financial and personnel management of the patient care unit on a 24 hour basis.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Good knowledge of management methods, techniques and solid management skills including ability to develop and manage a budget and human resources;
- Knowledge of established practice and procedures of professional nursing care;
- Knowledge of trends and developments in the nursing field;
- Knowledge and ability to enhance continuum of care;
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient care;
- Knowledge of conflict resolutions skills and techniques;
- Ability to be effective in planning, implementing and evaluating change;
- Ability to develop and implement nursing care plans;
- Ability to maintain records and prepare comprehensive and concise reports and correspondence;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Strong analytical and organization skills;
- Strong computer skills/proficiency;
- Strong human resource and interpersonal skills with the ability to organize, coach, mentor and evaluate staff in varied roles
- Ability to set priorities and to show good judgment;
- Self- motivated and willingness towards continued learning;
- Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
The successful candidate will have a Diploma or Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing with a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of nursing experience related to the assigned department/unit. Candidates must hold a valid Yukon Registered Nurses Association license and have current CPR. Preference will be given to candidates with three (3) to five (5) years of management experience in Medical, Surgical or Pediatric Units, with other management experiences being considered. Advanced Cardiac Lift Support (ACLS), Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), experience in Mental Health nursing, additional education in nursing management, financial management, staff development, Post graduate certification in specialty areas, Masters in Nursing or Leadership and Meditech experience would be desired.
Quoting competition #2021-737 in the subject line, email your resume to: email@example.com
Indigenous Workforce Initiative – We are committed to having a diverse and representative workforce that reflects the community we serve. When applying to YHC Career Opportunities, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the email body of your application. Please do so in whatever manner you feel accurately reflects who you are. You will then be connected with Yukon Hospitals’ Indigenous Workforce Initiative (IWI), where you can receive support with application materials, hear about additional training or mentorship opportunities, and ask any questions you have. All self-identification information will remain confidential. You are also welcome to contact IWI supports before submitting your application at IWI@wgh.yk.ca or call 867-332-7203.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status (Permanent Resident), Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
Posting Date: Open Until Filled