Status: Casual Part Time
Requisition # 94579
Unit Summary: The Ophthalmology Clinic provides subspecialty pediatric/neonatal clinics within the McMaster Children’s Hospital.
Position Summary: The Ophthalmic Technician performs duties as outlined in the Eye Clinic of 4V2 and includes assisting several ophthalmologists, as well as independent testing of clients for various vision tests.
Schedule Work Hours: 0.01
- Ophthalmic Technician Certificate from an approved Community College
- JCAHPO certification preferred
- Current C.P.R.
- Current and demonstrated (3 to 5 years) experience in an ophthalmologist office or hospital setting as an Ophthalmic Technician
- Demonstrated experience and competence with the following equipment: Humphrey’s Automated Perimeter, Corneal Topography, Potential Acuity Meter Testing, Fundus Photography, and Slit Lamp Photography
- Demonstrated computer experience
- Demonstrated knowledge in assisting physicians with vision, pressures, history taking and neutralizing glasses
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrated ability to assist in minor procedures related to the eye clinic
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn new equipment
Salary: $24.6200 – $31.5700 hourly
Please apply via http://hamiltonhealthsciences.ca/careers and search for Requisition #94579
Proficiency in both Official Languages would be an asset.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer.