Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. The Fraser region is home to 32 First Nations communities and 5 Métis Chartered communities. Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: better health, best in health care.
We are seeking an experienced Executive Director of Planning & Projects to provide direction on Capital Project Design, Procurement, Construction, Project Management Office and Architectural Standards, across Fraser Health.
Reporting to the Chief Facilities Management Officer, the Executive Director, Planning & Projects will be responsible for the facility design, construction and overall project management delivery of a large, complex and diverse portfolio of capital projects in a range of health care facilities. As part of the senior leadership team, the successful candidate will be a strategic thinker and innovative and progressive project delivery leader, with a proven proficiency to manage stakeholders across a large multi-site organization, and drive operational excellence.
The Executive Director, Planning & Projects is accountable for:
- Providing overall leadership and oversight of project delivery and daily operations of project design and construction services while ensuring consistency with the strategic plans of Fraser Health.
- Ensuring essential elements are effectively resourced and services are value-added and managed both for risk and quality and overall project performance and client satisfaction.
- Establishing priorities, policies, processes, tools, systems and budgets; formulating and recommending annual goals and objectives while ensuring consistency with industry standards and accreditation bodies.
The successful candidate will have:
- Completed Masters Degree and/or professional designation in a relevant field (including PMP), or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of appropriate legislation, by-laws and relevant codes and provincial/national standards.
- Progressive facility project management and holistic delivery experience leading diverse and complex organizations and continuous improvement across large multi-site organizations.
- Demonstrated senior leadership expertise including the ability to lead and manage all areas of capital design and construction projects.
- Excellent conflict resolution, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
If you have any questions or are interested in learning more about this unique opportunity with Fraser Health, please contact Alana Briggs, Director of Executive & Senior Leadership Acquisition and Paul Phillips, Client Partner, Executive & Senior Leadership Acquisition by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust. Fraser Health’s hiring practices aspire to ensure all individuals are treated in an inclusive, equitable and culturally safe manner.