A journey together.
The best care every time.
Operations Leader – In-patient/Emergency Department/Allied Health Services -Watson Lake Community Hospital
Competition #2022-264 (Excluded/Management)
Regular Full Time
Salary commensurate with experience
Are you looking to be part of an exceptional and passionate health care team in one of Canada’s most spectacular natural environments with vast and stunning wilderness at your doorstep?
Yukon Hospitals strives to cultivate an environment of passionate and engaged people with a culture that values growth, work/life balance, and wellness in helping all our people reach optimal ability. Our organization is an integrated system of hospitals: Whitehorse General Hospital (55 beds), Watson Lake Community Hospital (6 beds) and Dawson City Community Hospital (6 beds).
Reporting to the Executive Director, Nursing, located at Whitehorse General Hospital, the incumbent has the responsibility, authority and accountability for the clinical, financial, allied health, and personnel management.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Good knowledge of management methods, techniques and solid management skills
- Strong human resource and interpersonal skills with the ability to organize, coach, mentor and evaluate staff in varied roles
- Sound financial management, and ability to develop and report on the annual operating budget;
- Sound leadership skills and techniques, including knowledge of conflict resolutions skills and techniques;
- Ability to work well with partners;
- Ability to support an interdisciplinary healthcare team;
- Good knowledge of health care and hospital systems
- Ability to be effective in planning, implementing and evaluating change;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Strong analytical and organization skills;
- Strong computer skills/proficiency;
- Ability to set priorities and to show good judgment;
- Self- motivated and willingness towards continued learning;
- Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
The successful candidate will have a Diploma or Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or other related healthcare profession with a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience related to their profession, and a minimum of (1) year related leadership experience. Preference will be given to candidates with management experience in a hospital environment, with other management experiences being considered. Additional education in management, financial management, staff development, and Meditech experience would be desired.
- Yukon Bonus
- Relocation Allowance
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Pension Plan
- Performance Based Annual Bonus
- Generous Vacation Time
TO APPLY: quote competition #2022-264 and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact recruitment at email@example.com or 867-393-8675
Indigenous Workforce Initiative – We are committed to having a diverse and representative workforce that reflects the community we serve. When applying to YHC Career Opportunities, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the email body of your application. Please do so in whatever manner you feel accurately reflects who you are. You will then be connected with Yukon Hospitals’ Indigenous Workforce Initiative (IWI), where you can receive support with application materials, hear about additional training or mentorship opportunities, and ask any questions you have. All self-identification information will remain confidential. You are also welcome to contact IWI supports before submitting your application at IWI@wgh.yk.ca or call 867-332-7203.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.