Registered Nurse – Intensive Care Unit (Juravinski)
Please apply via http://hamiltonhealthsciences.ca/careers and search for Requisition # 96372
Requisition # 96372
Step into a job that opens countless doors. As Ontario’s most comprehensive healthcare system, and the only one in the province to provide care from pre-birth to end of life, we offer endless opportunities. You can explore advancement opportunities, take professional development courses, and stretch yourself as a leader, all at HHS.
We are the largest employer in the greater Hamilton region, and play a vital role in training the next generation of health professionals in collaboration with our academic partners, including McMaster University and Mohawk College. We are a world-renowned hospital for healthcare research, ranked fourth in Canada and we focus on improving the quality of care for our patients through innovation and evidence-based practices. Our multi-site hospital has over 1,100 beds and we offer world-leading expertise in many areas, including cardiac and stroke care, cancer care, palliative care and pediatrics. Open the door to a career that evolves with you. Start exploring opportunities now and join our team of over 15,000 dedicated staff, physicians, researchers and volunteers.
Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre, located on Hamilton’s beautiful mountain brow, is home to the Regional Cancer Program as well as a community emergency department, a general medical and intensive care service, and a robust surgical program. It serves a population of more than 2.3 million people. The site has a rich history, and originally treated soldiers in WWI. More than 100 years later, is a headquarters for some of the country’s most advanced cancer care and clinical trials.
The Juravinski Intensive Care Unit (ICU) is a 25 bed tertiary care unit supporting multiple clinical programs including the regional programs for central-south Ontario. The ICU provides specialized levels of care to the hematology, oncology, orthopedic, medical and surgical patient populations, utilizing a multidisciplinary and collaborative team approach dedicated to the principles of patient and family-centered care.
Our ICU nurses are set up for success and go through a comprehensive onsite orientation program, led by experienced health care professionals and educators. As a member of the multidiscipline healthcare team, the Registered Nurse coordinates and evaluates patient care and provides nursing care according to the standards of practice for Registered Nurses in Critical Care.
Schedule Work Hours
Rotating days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Critical Care Certificate or evidence of current work in progress preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of patient care requirements and critical care standards for the assessment and management of the critically ill adult patient
- Minimum two (2) years of nursing experience in an acute care, medical-surgical setting
- Minimum two (2) years nursing experience within an ICU setting (within the last 2 years) preferred
- Minimum two (2) years experience and skill in ECG (3 and 12 lead) interpretation, hemodynamic pressure monitoring, the care of ventilated patients and defibrillation (within in the last 2 years) preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of the nursing care planning process; and evidence of the ability to utilize problem-solving and critical thinking techniques effectively, in a Critical Care setting
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, teamwork and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in critical high stress situations
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Employee Health Services
Salary: $34.24 – $49.02 hourly
Proficiency in both Official Languages would be an asset.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer.