A journey together.
The best care every time.
Sterile Processing Technician – Whitehorse General Hospital
Competition #2022-284 (PSAC Bargaining Unit)
Regular Full Time Position – 1.0 FTE
This position is at the L03 level with an hourly pay range of $27.81 to $35.18
Are you looking to be part of an exceptional and passionate health care team in one of Canada’s most spectacular natural environments with vast and stunning wilderness at your doorstep?
Yukon Hospitals strives to cultivate an environment of passionate and engaged people with a culture that values growth, work/life balance, and wellness in helping all our people reach optimal ability. Our organization is an integrated system of hospitals: Whitehorse General Hospital (55 beds), Watson Lake Community Hospital (6 beds) and Dawson City Community Hospital (6 beds).
Reporting to the Clinical Care Manager OR, the Sterile Processing Technician decontaminates specialized equipment; packages and processes instruments used in the O.R., Ambulance Services and Home Care; assists in the O.R.; performs other related duties.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Knowledge of methods, techniques and procedures for sterilizing hospital equipment and surgical instruments;
- Knowledge of surgical instruments ;
- Understanding of Universal Precautions;
- Ability to operate and maintain hospital equipment and machines and handle delicate instruments;
- Ability to organize work;
- Ability to set priorities;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work well with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Self motivated and capable of working independently and in a team environment;
- Knowledge of and ability to use computers;
- Physical ability to perform all functions of the position; and
- Cross cultural awareness.
The successful candidate should have a SPD Technicians certificate (correspondence course) or (2) two years SPD experience in a similar or larger hospital and current CPR certification.
TO APPLY: quote competition #2022-284 and email your resume to: email@example.com
For more information, contact recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org or 867-393-8675
Indigenous Workforce Initiative – We are committed to having a diverse and representative workforce that reflects the community we serve. When applying to YHC Career Opportunities, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the email body of your application. Please do so in whatever manner you feel accurately reflects who you are. You will then be connected with Yukon Hospitals’ Indigenous Workforce Initiative (IWI), where you can receive support with application materials, hear about additional training or mentorship opportunities, and ask any questions you have. All self-identification information will remain confidential. You are also welcome to contact IWI supports before submitting your application at IWI@wgh.yk.ca or call 867-332-7203.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.