Step into a job that opens countless doors. As Ontario’s most comprehensive healthcare system, and the only one in the province to provide care from pre-birth to end of life, we offer endless opportunities. You can explore advancement opportunities, take professional development courses, and stretch yourself as a leader, all at HHS.
We are largest employer in the greater Hamilton region, and play a vital role in training the next generation of health professionals in collaboration with our academic partners, including McMaster University and Mohawk College. We are a world-renowned hospital for healthcare research—ranked fourth in Canada—and we focus on improving the quality of care for our patients through innovation and evidence-based practices. Our multi-site hospital has over 1,100 beds and we offer world-leading expertise in many areas, including cardiac and stroke care, cancer care, palliative care and pediatrics. Open the door to a career that evolves with you. Start exploring opportunities now and join our team of over 15,000 dedicated staff, physicians, researchers and volunteers.
Operating within the Quality & Performance Portfolio, the Nursing Resource Team (NRT) is a staffing team that plays a vital role in the provision of nursing services across patient care programs at HHS. The NRT is comprised of very skilled nurses, trained and capable of being deployed to provide high quality care to a wide range of patient populations across all seven (7) sites at HHS. Within the NRT, no two shifts ever look the same.
NRT staff are valued members of HHS and respond to needs based on patient acuity, replacement for sick time, vacation, and known vacancies. As a NRT Nurse, you receive exposure to a wide range of patient populations including medical/surgical, pediatrics and women’s health, perioperative, and critical care. All new NRT nurses are set up for success and go through a comprehensive onsite orientation program, led by experienced health care professionals and educators. NRT provides opportunities to grow your skills and expertise and prides itself on growing and mentoring our nurses.
Schedule Work Hours
Rotating days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays 12 and 8 hour shifts
- Current Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Practical Nurse
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certificate
- Recent clinical nursing experience in acute medical/surgical (within the last 5 years) preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of the current nursing assessment and management of patients, including the nursing plan of care
- Demonstrated commitment to interdisciplinary care in collaboration with RN and other members of the health care team
- Knowledge of the CNO’s RN/RPN collaborative model and demonstrated ability to problem solve within their scope of practice
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, teamwork and conflict management skills
- Ability to set priorities and organize work in response to patient care needs
- Ability and willingness to regularly work in varying hospital sites and departments
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt positively to constantly changing clinical environments, patient populations and situations
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement initiatives, continuous learning and professional development
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Employee Health Services.
$30.5512 – $31.1747 hourly
Proficiency in both Official Languages would be an asset.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer.