COMPETITION #22-582 UNION POSITION
POSITION: Nurse Practitioner, Urology, Permanent Full Time (1.0)
SUPERVISOR: Director, Ambulatory Care
SALARY: From $51.53 to $59.80 per hour
CHEO is one of the few stand-alone, global leaders in pediatric health and is home to nearly 4,000 staff and physicians dedicated to helping children and youth live their best lives. Every year, CHEO helps more than 500,000 children and youth from Eastern Ontario, Western Quebec, Nunavut, and Northern Ontario.
Across Canada and the world CHEO continues to be selected by local, national and international competitions showcasing employers who lead their sector in offering exceptional workplaces for their employees. CHEO is also recognized for excelling in our work delivering world-class care to children, youth and their families. Over the years, CHEO has been selected time and again as an organization that leads and innovates in the ways we support our staff and our community. These tributes are a testament to the passion and dedication of our exceptional staff, medical staff, learners and volunteers .
Here are examples of recent awards and recognition received by Team CHEO:
- CHEO among Newsweek’s 2022 World’s Best Hospitals
- CHEO celebrates 11th consecutive year as a National Capital Region Top Employer
- CHEO celebrates 5-star reward and recognition employer by Canadian HR Reporter
- CHEO named 2021 Canada’s Healthy Workplace Month® Great Employers.
- Forbes ranks CHEO among top Canadian hospitals
* Nurse Practitioner new graduates are welcome to apply!
* If you live outside of the National Capital Region, a relocation bonus may apply.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) at CHEO is a nurse in an advanced nursing practice position with additional educational preparation from an accredited NP program and who has clinical expertise in a pediatric nursing subspecialty. The NP integrates the skills and knowledge from nursing and medicine within a broad framework of advanced nursing practice. The NP functions both autonomously and in collaboration with physicians and other health care providers to manage, in a comprehensive manner the health needs of a defined population of patients/ case load.
Job responsibilities include the following areas: Direct Clinical practice, inpatient and outpatient consultation (60%), Case Management (20%), Education (10%), Leadership/ Change Agent (5%), Research (5%) and ongoing Professional Development.
Working closely with the Urology team, the nurse practitioner will provide support to children and youth with genito-urinary and kidney problems. Patients may be referred for problems including hypospadias, hydroceles, undescended testes and other groin and scrotal problems, obstructive uropathy, tumors of the kidney, bladder and testicles, neurogenic bladder, bladder exstrophy/epispadias. The nurse practitioner is involved in program development and education for community and academic centres. The nurse practitioner is an integral part and active team member of the Division of Urology.
- Police Record Check (PRC) (Essential)
- Masters degree in Nursing or Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario, as RN in the Extended Class (Essential)
- Three to five years of recent related clinical nursing experience (Essential)
- Member of RNAO/NPAO or relevant specialty professional nursing association (Preferred)
- Experience in Pediatric Urology (Preferred)
- Experience in Pediatric Developmental Assessment (Preferred)
- Ability to function collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team and practice in a self-directed manner (Essential)
- Demonstrated experience in research and education activities (Essential)
- Demonstrated excellent leadership abilities excellent organizational abilities (Essential)
- ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- ability to participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- creativity, innovation, flexibility and initiative
- sound conflict resolution skills and problem-solving abilities
- Sound crisis management skills (Essential)
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job (Essential)
- Bilingualism (English/French) (Essential)
CHEO values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process and welcome interest from all qualified applicants.
Should you require accommodation during any phase in the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential and will be handled in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bilingualism (French/English) will be validated by a language proficiency assessment conducted by a third party provider. Candidates will be required to meet the minimum linguistic profile prior to the date of hire.
Please apply here – https://careers.cheo.on.ca/Job/Details/f5d857b4-8268-4812-9aae-ae9100e4b468