Executive Assistant – Quality & Strategy
Whitehorse General Hospital
Competition #2022-302 (Management/Excluded Group 2)
Regular Full Time
This position has a yearly salary range of $59,442 to $74,302
Are you looking to be part of an exceptional and passionate health care team in one of Canada’s most spectacular natural environments with vast and stunning wilderness at your doorstep?
Yukon Hospitals strives to cultivate an environment of passionate and engaged people with a culture that values growth, work/life balance, and wellness in helping all our people reach optimal ability. Our organization is an integrated system of hospitals: Whitehorse General Hospital (55 beds), Watson Lake Community Hospital (6 beds) and Dawson City Community Hospital (6 beds).
Reporting to Yukon Hospital Corporation (YHC) Executive Director(s), the Executive Assistant is responsible for providing confidential administrative support services to Executive Directors. This position must have superior organizational skills, be able to multi-task and be proactive. Attention to details, ability to anticipate requirements, meet deadlines, prioritize and adapt to changing demands is essential. In addition, this position provides executive secretariat services for various committees and performs other duties as required by the Executive Team.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Excellent knowledge of senior-level office practices and procedures. Very good knowledge of research methodology;
- Knowledge of budget management and control methods;
- Knowledge of medical bylaws and directives and healthcare legislation;
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Access etc.) and various data base software;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and conflict resolution skills;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Strong ability to prioritize, problem solve, and make decision both interdependently and independently;
- Ability to work with independence on a regular basis;
- Ability to prepare agendas and minutes in a timely and accurate fashion;
- Ability to maintain various files and records;
- Ability to develop and correlate metrics and statistics;
- Good initiative, discretion and judgment; and
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity.
The successful candidate will have completed a post-secondary Office Administration program at a recognized college or training institution (minimum 1 year). In addition, a minimum of five years directly related experience at a senior administrative support level preferably in a healthcare environment, and a current Class 5 driver’s license is required. Workplace Violence Intervention training and MEDITECH training are considered desirable.
- Yukon Bonus
- Relocation Allowance
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Pension Plan
- Generous vacation time
TO APPLY: quote competition #2022-302 and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact recruitment at email@example.com or 867-393-8675
Indigenous Workforce Initiative – We are committed to having a diverse and representative workforce that reflects the community we serve. When applying to YHC Career Opportunities, we invite you to voluntarily self-identify in the email body of your application. Please do so in whatever manner you feel accurately reflects who you are. You will then be connected with Yukon Hospitals’ Indigenous Workforce Initiative (IWI), where you can receive support with application materials, hear about additional training or mentorship opportunities, and ask any questions you have. All self-identification information will remain confidential. You are also welcome to contact IWI supports before submitting your application at IWI@wgh.yk.ca or call 867-332-7203.
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.