Step into a job that opens countless doors. As Ontario’s most comprehensive healthcare system, and the only one in the province to provide care from pre-birth to end of life, we offer endless opportunities. You can explore advancement opportunities, take professional development courses, and stretch yourself as a leader, all at HHS.
We are the largest employer in the greater Hamilton region, and play a vital role in training the next generation of health professionals in collaboration with our academic partners, including McMaster University and Mohawk College. We are a world-renowned hospital for healthcare research, ranked fourth in Canada and we focus on improving the quality of care for our patients through innovation and evidence-based practices. Our multi-site hospital has over 1,100 beds and we offer world-leading expertise in many areas, including cardiac and stroke care, cancer care, palliative care and pediatrics. Open the door to a career that evolves with you. Start exploring opportunities now and join our team of over 15,000 dedicated staff, physicians, researchers and volunteers.
Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre, located on Hamilton’s beautiful mountain brow, is home to the Regional Cancer Program as well as a community emergency department, a general medical and intensive care service, and a robust surgical program. It serves a population of more than 2.3 million people. The site has a rich history, and originally treated soldiers in WWI. More than 100 years later, is a headquarters for some of the country’s most advanced cancer care and clinical trials.
C4 is an inpatient unit providing care for individuals with malignant hematological diseases. The primary modes of therapy are intensive chemotherapy, transfusion and antibiotic support for immunosuppression and stem cell transplantation.
As a member of the healthcare team, the Registered Nurse coordinates and evaluates patient care and provides nursing care according to the job description and Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses on Unit C4.
Schedule Work Hours
days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays
- Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse
- Advanced oncology-nursing credentials such as Provincial Standardized Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Course (offered at the De Souza Institute), Certified Oncology Nurse (CON(C), McMaster University Oncology Nursing Certificate, Mohawk College Oncology Certificate or equivalent from and accredited educational institution preferred
- Current BCLS certification
- Recent (with the last 2 years) experience in the care of oncology patients preferred
- Recent (within 1 year) experience in antineoplastic drug administration preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of the current assessment and management of the acute care malignant hematology patient receiving chemotherapy, radiation, or palliative care preferred
- Demonstrated experience and skill in chemotherapy administration, IV starts and the care of central lines preferred
- Preferred experience in the care of patients undergoing blood cell transplantation
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to support patients and families of patients who are terminally ill
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Employee Health Services.
$34.24 – $49.02 hourly
Proficiency in both Official Languages would be an asset.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer.