Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. The Fraser region is home to 32 First Nations communities and 6 Métis Chartered communities. Our team of nearly 45,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: better health, best in health care.
The Vice President of Regional Care Integration is seeking a result-oriented project management professional with experience in the healthcare industry for the new Director, Special Projects role on the executive team. The Director is a clear, caring, and courageous leader who will oversee the navigation and collaboration of multiple projects across the Fraser Health (FH) region. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Regional Care Integration, the Director will be a leader focused on achieving project goals and producing outcomes that have a positive impact within FH. Our ideal candidate will yield the vision and initiative to facilitate and oversee projects that lead to the advanced integration and development of services and programs in the community.
The Director is accountable for:
- Leading projects involving large-scale reviews of practice, procedures and systems with a vision for enhanced integration of services, better service delivery, improved client satisfaction, development of new programs, and the delivery of cost-efficiencies for FH and partner organizations;
- Leading the development and implementation of innovative and creative initiatives and projects for delivery of high quality, value added and efficient services, to support long term strategies and effectively address client needs and expectations;
- Partnering with key stakeholders to promote collaboration, achieve integration, and consult, negotiate and ensure commitment to project goals while liaising with external agencies such as the Ministry of Health for planning and reporting purposes;
- Creating project plans and promoting effective project management including establishing project charter, objectives, timelines and critical path, collaboration with stakeholders, engagement of appropriate resources, facilitation of project activities, progress monitoring, problem resolution, and recommendations to the senior management team; and
- Providing best practice expertise through strategic and operational planning, research and evaluation, forecasting/model development, and complex feasibility studies.
The successful candidate will have:
- Masters degree in Health Services Administration, Business Administration or a related Masters degree;
- Progressively senior related experience including budgeting, managing strategic and operational projects, and facilitating and managing consultation processes; and
- Proven technical project management ability (e.g. PMP or PROSCI).
If you have any questions, or are interested in learning more about this unique opportunity with Fraser Health, please email Adam Currie, Director of Executive and Senior Leadership Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust. Fraser Health’s hiring practices aspire to ensure all individuals are treated in an inclusive, equitable, and culturally safe manner.